Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2009 Chevrolet Traverse Speakers work sometimes and sometimes dont.

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2016, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Speakers work sometimes and sometimes dont.

I own a 2009 Chevrolet traverse. Every day in the morning when I get in, my tweeters work (the speakers by the front windshield). No other speakers will work at all. I will get to work and park. I leave 9 hours later, and some of the other speakers will work. I am very confused. I have seen other people with this same problem, but I have not seen an answer to fix this. Please help because I can not listen to just the tweeters working in the morning. I have owned Fords prior to my Chevys, and I have never had problems with radios. I am really starting to doubt Chevy. Thank you to anyone that can help.
Old August 18th, 2016, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open up any door, disconnect the wiring harness between the door and body of the vehicle (easy to do), I bet water will run out of the harness... That water is causing a short in the speakers... You need to dry out the connector real good and it'll work again... Of course until it rains again because the water is coming in around the bolts that hold the roof rack on and that water runs down the front and center posts and that water ends up in the wiring harness connectors... Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Willie Hernandez (April 12th, 2020)
Old April 4th, 2017, 5:27 PM
CF Active Member

Chevy uses cheap $10 speakers and they have a tendancy to crap out in a short period of time. I had to replace all four of mine in my Ascender with good Pioneers. Never had another issue with the speakers.If they work intermittently replace the speakers. Yes GM is the only brand I have ever seen with this type problem, specially on a large scale. I have had a lot of Dodges and have never seen any issues with the radios or speakers.

Last edited by vipergg22; April 4th, 2017 at 5:31 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default intermittent Speaker trouble

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have a 2011 Traverse with the same issue. I thought it was the factory radio so I replaced it with a very expensive after market and still having the same issue. Any advice will help. Thank you!!!
Old September 12th, 2019, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Matthew Hamilton
Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have a 2011 Traverse with the same issue. I thought it was the factory radio so I replaced it with a very expensive after market and still having the same issue. Any advice will help. Thank you!!!
Did anyone fix the problem my 2012 has the same issue water in the door wire harness