Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2012 Traverse A/C issue

Old July 13th, 2016, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Traverse A/C issue

This past weekend I lost air flow to the upper (dash) air vents. I have flow to the floor and the rear is good. Tested further and when you turn on defrost there is no air flow. You can hear it blowing, just nothing from the dash vents or the defrost. Thoughts???
Old July 14th, 2016, 7:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a mode door or actuator issue, actuators are not uncommon failures. Best starting point is to get it scanned with a scanner that can read HVAC data to get the code and see if you can run the actuator with the scanner
Old July 14th, 2016, 8:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin8744
This past weekend I lost air flow to the upper (dash) air vents. I have flow to the floor and the rear is good. Tested further and when you turn on defrost there is no air flow. You can hear it blowing, just nothing from the dash vents or the defrost. Thoughts???

We're so sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Traverse, Martin8744. Are you planning on making your dealership aware of this concern? If so, we would be happy to connect with them on your behalf and review this in greater detail. We're available via private message and would need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread