Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2012 Traverse Liftgate alarm won't stop!

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Traverse Liftgate alarm won't stop!

I have a 2012 Traverse and while I drive the "liftgate open" on the display won't stop going off. It dings on on every bump I hit. The dinging is driving me crazy, it is constant. The lift gate is closed and seems to be inline. I pulled the right fuse I think and it didn't work. I do not have a power lift gate. How do I disconnect the sensor? Where is the sensor? Need help before I explode!
Old December 15th, 2014, 8:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jstieber
I have a 2012 Traverse and while I drive the "liftgate open" on the display won't stop going off. It dings on on every bump I hit. The dinging is driving me crazy, it is constant. The lift gate is closed and seems to be inline. I pulled the right fuse I think and it didn't work. I do not have a power lift gate. How do I disconnect the sensor? Where is the sensor? Need help before I explode!
Hi there,

Have you considered bringing this to the dealership's attention? We would be happy to assist you with this, and we also truly apologize for this unexpected concern with your Traverse. We can only imagine how frustrating this may seem! Please feel free to send a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 17th, 2015, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jstieber
Hi, I have a 2008 GMC Acadia with a similar problem. However the lift gate latch is 2 stage. and the first tends to release once under way e.g. over bumps or when closing a door, which causes the alarm to beep. I realize this may be just an adjustment issue with the latch but I share your annoyance. Don.
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default KARR alarm was the problem

I took my Traverse to the dealer and the found it was an issue with the installed Karr alarm system. The wire splice had come loose causing a premature activation of the tailgate sensor. They fixed it for free. It was not an easy find for them but may be a consideration if this happens to you.
Thanks