Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2012 Traverse Stalling and Start Up

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2016, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Traverse Stalling and Start Up

Wanted to know if anyone has experienced this trouble>My traverse sometimes stalls, almost like if running out of gas, rpms up and down, step on gas pedal and slowly picks up, then jerks and goes back to normal. When it does stall, I just turn it off and it restarts right up again. The engine light is on and a test a Auto Zone for code, indicates Oxygen Senor 2, but I called dealer service dept. and was told that still that would not cause it to stall. I appreciate any response and/or information if someone knows or has had this same trouble. Mo
Old September 2nd, 2016, 7:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

clean the throttle body and perform a throttle body relearn with a scan tool.
Old September 14th, 2016, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Appreciate response. I cleaned the throttle body by spraying into the flap opening of the TB and cleaning with a rag. ...or was I suppose to remove the whole throttle body part and clean inside and out?
Thks again for the previous information.

Mo
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by j17moreno
Appreciate response. I cleaned the throttle body by spraying into the flap opening of the TB and cleaning with a rag. ...or was I suppose to remove the whole throttle body part and clean inside and out?
Thks again for the previous information.

Mo
You can leave it installed. I usually use an old toothbrush that doesn't dissolve with carb spray. Clean the bore and plate the best you can. The main thing is to get the area where the two meet clean. After cleaning you can start it and do a final rinse while spraying into the bore. You may need a friend to push on the gas pedal. I haven't seen a relearn on the scanner for Chevrolets. Running it without the air tube installed may set a code. You may have to unplug the MAF sensor to get it to run with the tube off.