Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2014 LT "Stabilitrack needs service" / Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 LT "Stabilitrack needs service" / Oil leak

Hey guys new here. I bought a used certified 2014 traverse LT back on Sept 28th with close to 66K miles on a chevy dealership here in phoenix. Three days after I got it I got a "stabilitrack needs service" light, I checked under the truck to see if maybe there was something stuck on the wheels that would block a sensor, that's when I noticed that the tuck had an oil leak. I took it to the dealer that next Monday. They kept it for two days before I got it back. They said they did some major work on the stabilitrack issue and they also replaced the gasket for the timing chain cover which it was leaking oil. When I picked it up from the dealership I noticed an oil drop from underneath the truck and I pointed it out to the rep that gave me the keys, but he said that it was residual oil left from all the work they did. That same day I when on vacation and when out of state for two weeks. Only three days later I got that "Stabilitrack needs service" light again and the oil never stop leaking and now its worst than before, everywhere I parked I left oil stains. I am going to take it back to the dealership for a second time, its frustrating that they can't even fix an oil leak. I noticed that these trucks are known for this stabilitrack light since early models, has any of you has had these problem resolved? I am worry that my warranty will expire and they will never fix this issue. Any feed back will be appreciated. Thank you.