Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2016 Traverse HMI Module

Old November 23rd, 2015, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2016 Traverse HMI Module

Obviously I am new to this forum however I have been a GM parts man for over 20 years now and I am stumped on this one.
Just bought a 2016 Traverse LS for my wife and purchase a radio online that includes MyLink to upgrade the factory radio. So my tech unlocks it and it ends up having the same features as my factory (non-mylink) radio so then he says he will see if he can re-calibrate it and still nothing so he finally calls Techline who tells him he has to re-calibrate using the Human Interface Module but according to my VIN I do not have one so... I start searching for the module in general on Traverse and cannot find one anywhere! It is supposed to be behind the glove box but can't find it by group number or anything.
Can anyone help me either find the module or tell me how to add the additional features for my radio?
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:20 PM
CF Veteran

did it come with an authorization code to call in with? most add ons you have to call in so they can setup the right calibrations on your vin including the new stuff
Old November 25th, 2015, 12:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be Techline can give you VCI number for the program you need.

Like cleveland63b said you may need an authorization code. Is the new radio a GM approved accessory? Was replace and program selected when programming with SPS.

2016 traverse data wire schematics also dose not show a K74 Human Machine Interface Control Module.
Old November 25th, 2015, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply. Yep I definitely don't have an HMI module so it would have to be in the programming to the radio. It is a factory radio I purchased on ebay out of a 2014 Traverse and it works fine it just lost the MyLink options it had once it was unlocked and MY VIN was entered which then leads me to the obvious question, should we have entered the VIN for the Traverse it came out of in order to keep the same options?
Old November 25th, 2015, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Or would we just pull the CVN codes from the original VIN and manually enter them...
Old November 26th, 2015, 9:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the VIN match is what allows the radio to be unlocked. So you'll need to use the Vin from the new vehicle.

Get the vehicle build RPO code list for each vehicle side by side and reprogram the radio selecting the RPO codes that best fit the way the vehicle is now equipped. Hopefully SPS will ask for what RPO the vehicle has. You may need to go to the new car lot find a traverse that is equipped the way yours is now. Program the radio to that vehicle build RPO code list.

After reprogramming the radio you may also have to do a USB download programming to the radio also.

Search this Thread