Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2017 LS iPod interface not working

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2016, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 LS iPod interface not working

Picked up a 2017 LS (base radio) Wednesday. I had a 2014 LS with same radio. I notice when I try to use Amazon Music on my iPhone 6s (iOS 10) my radio freezes and gets all confused. If I am running the basic iOS music app with amazon music closed it seems to be better. Anyone else have a similar issue? When I brought back to dealer I was unable to recreate the issue, of course. I had no issues with this in my 2014. I think I just need the dealer to "reinstall" the radio software. It wanted to check with others first.

Thanks
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

I'm having the same issue with my 2016. It was working for a couple months then when iOS updated, it no longer works. Says "no music found on iPod" or something. I took it to the dealership to see if they can fix it and short of ordering a new radio, which I didn't think would work, no luck. They said they updated the firmware but I don't believe they did.

If anyone knows how to update the firmware that would be great. I'm trying to follow the instructions from m.chevrolet.com/mylink-bring-your-own-media/faq/updating-mylink.html but the instructions are vague after it tells you to login. Login where?? Why doesn't the link work on a desktop if you drop the .m from the beginning? You shouldn't have to take it to the dealership to get it updated.
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Do you have the mylink radio or the base radio? I have the base radio.
Old November 4th, 2016, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Probably the base radio.