Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Dead battery problem

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2013, 7:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

do you really want to debate regenerative braking systems? Price out your prius brake components and lets compare.

I wouldn't brag to much about brakes on a prius. There have been so many complaints that the Japanese government ordered Toyota to start an investigation into the problem.

Ever do a brake service? If you don't perform one every year on disc brakes systems you will continue to have the same problems. From what I see, it's usually not the car's fault but rather lack of maintenance. Owners don't think its needed because its not listed in the maintenance schedule.

Last edited by tech2; December 20th, 2013 at 7:35 AM.
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Dead Over Night

Originally Posted by EinST
The bulk of the vehicle electronics get the battery voltage always. They are supposed to go to a low power mode or sleep with key off, RAP off. Maybe something is refusing to shut itself down. A problem like that is hard to diagnose since the act of pulling a fuse may reset whatever was drawing the current. Ask them to try disconnecting power to the OnStar VCIM (not something indispensable)?
The CD Player, inside the Radio, has switches that fail at times. This can happen randomly, even if you didn't us the CD drive. You can unplug the CD drive inside the Radio if you do not use the CD or fix it. I have had this problem with different GM Cars through the years.
Old March 16th, 2017, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

I took it to a different dealer and they did not find a problem, so they just changed the battery and no problems since. This has been over three years ago.
Old November 19th, 2020, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gunrackguy
I have a 2010 Traverse in Sept 0f 2010 car would not start called road side assistance to get a jump took to dealer and said could not find problem but neede to keep car locked when not in use to keep it from happening again. Last week in Feb 2011 same thing happened again took to dealer, one week later happened again. They gave me a loaner over the weekend and they still can not find the problem. I have the LS version with no nav or other accessories to drain battery. I was also asked if I had the Blackberry feature and I do not. I don't leave keys in ignition, I very seldom charge phone in the car and when I do I unplug the charger. I know the charger stays on with the key out so I unplug the charger. Does anyone have any ideas or is there a fix. I am going on a week long trip and the car will be parked for one week hope is starts when I ge back!!
Has this mystery been solved? My wife bought a 2010 traverse a couple of months ago and we’re having the same problem. I replaced the battery, but problem continued. I’ve taken it to the dealership, they can’t figure it out. They did a parasitic draw test, but didn’t find the issue. Any new info on this?
Old November 19th, 2020, 1:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

do you have any aftermarket devices ie remote starter, chargers etc. if yes, fully charge the battery and unplug them and see if the problem continues. aftermarket modules add 15mamp draw and if wired in wrong the modules don't go to sleep.
What draw measurement did they have?