Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

key in ignition, open door, no chime

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2012, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key in ignition, open door, no chime

Noticed no chime when I open door and keys are in ignition the next day after I brought home my brand new 2012 Chevy Traverse; thought it was a setting on the lock/unlock features but can't figure it out.
Old February 10th, 2012, 3:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> countrybea50,

The door ajar message displays and a chime sounds if the passenger door is not fully closed and the vehicle is shifted out of park.

Was the vehicle in park when you opened the door? Does the chime sound when the hood, liftgate, rear or passenger doors are open?

If the chime sounds for the others, but not for the driver door, it may be a switch. This is not a diagnosis, just a suggestion. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for a quick inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 15th, 2012, 1:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could be a bad door switch.

With engine running- in park or drive...
open the door- you should get a message on the DIC- that says your door is open/with ding ding ding
if you dont get the message- then try the other doors...
but if your door doesnt- its most likely the door switch.