Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Passenger side front window won't work

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2016, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side front window won't work

My 2009 Chevy Traverse front passenger window fails to work. When I push either the driver or passenger button, I hear a clicking noise at the switch. I assumed that if power was getting to the switch the regulator was the issue. I replaced the regulator with a new one but the problem still exists. I don't see any threads on the problems with the Traverse window issues. Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for to identify the problem? Since I replaced the regulator, my window is now stuck in the down position.

Last edited by Cubby2015; October 12th, 2016 at 7:00 AM.
Old October 21st, 2016, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Cubby2015
My 2009 Chevy Traverse front passenger window fails to work. When I push either the driver or passenger button, I hear a clicking noise at the switch. I assumed that if power was getting to the switch the regulator was the issue. I replaced the regulator with a new one but the problem still exists. I don't see any threads on the problems with the Traverse window issues. Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for to identify the problem? Since I replaced the regulator, my window is now stuck in the down position.
On the window, there's some reports of the switches going bad and people taking them apart and cleaning the contacts like you would an old nintendo cartridge. See traverseforum.com.

It can be either front switch or some wiring in the door jam. Having a good wiring diagram can be helpful, alldatadyi has a day fee.
Old September 25th, 2023, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

I replace the regulator to find out that the switch may be the problem. I ordered the new switch and replaced it. That did not solve the problem. I tested the voltage on the output of the connecter itself. I got 12 V positive and 12 V negative. I assume one is for the window to go up and one is for the window to go down now when I plug it into the regulator, nothing happens. I took a 12 V battery and hooked it up to the brand, new regulator, and it went up and it went down with the window attaché and secured in the door. I then tested the connecter again and it was still giving me 12 V - and 12 V positive. I then cut the connecters off and crimp the two wires together to the wires that they go to and the power windows still do not work. I have no idea why the power window on the passenger side won’t work. The lock is not on. It doesn’t work on the driver side when I push the button and it won’t work on the passenger side when I push the button even though I had a new button replaced, I am getting 12 V to the wires the window should be going up and down, but they are not. What is going on?