Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2014 Traverse (A/C INOP, Temp stuck on 160° , Cooling fan running.)

Old April 23rd, 2016, 2:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Traverse (A/C INOP, Temp stuck on 160° , Cooling fan running.)

2014 Traverse LTZ; A/C won't operate, Temp gauge is stuck on 160° , Cooling fan running.
Made it home OK, shut it down and restarted and A/C was working and Temp was at 210°.
Anyone else have this issue?
Not sure if it is electrical (ECU) or mechanical like a Thermostat.

2 weeks ago it had a rough start and the A/C wouldn't work, had battery tested and it tested bad so we installed a new Battery.
But the wife said the cooling Fan has been running often after she pulls in garage and shuts down, this isn't normal.
Great Vehicle, this is the first issue we have had in the 3 years we have had it.
Just testing the forum out before taking it to the dealer and spending a ton of $$.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 8:06 PM
CF Veteran

id lean towards a coolant temp sensor issue just from what you've described, is this a one time thing? any work done recently? Checked for codes?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 9:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by denayer
2014 Traverse LTZ; A/C won't operate, Temp gauge is stuck on 160° , Cooling fan running.
Made it home OK, shut it down and restarted and A/C was working and Temp was at 210°.
Anyone else have this issue?
Not sure if it is electrical (ECU) or mechanical like a Thermostat.

2 weeks ago it had a rough start and the A/C wouldn't work, had battery tested and it tested bad so we installed a new Battery.
But the wife said the cooling Fan has been running often after she pulls in garage and shuts down, this isn't normal.
Great Vehicle, this is the first issue we have had in the 3 years we have had it.
Just testing the forum out before taking it to the dealer and spending a ton of $$.
Hello denayer,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Traverse and apologize for any inconvenience caused. I would be more than happy to act as an extra layer of assistance while you are working with your Chevrolet dealership towards a resolution for this concern. If you would like any assistance, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership. Feel free to include any questions that you may have. I am always happy to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 24th, 2016, 5:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the input, I'm taking it to my dealer to resolve.
Just hope it is covered under Power Train Warranty, it has 46k miles currently.

Last edited by denayer; April 27th, 2016 at 5:38 PM.
Old April 27th, 2016, 5:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Issue Resolved

OBD 2 reported DTC P0117,
The Coolant Sensor had a internal failure which also burnt up the pigtail and harness.
Issue resolved $343 later.
I am very disappointed for the expense on a 2014 with 46k miles.
Old June 1st, 2016, 7:52 PM
CF Junior Member

GM reimbursed me for the repairs, great customer service.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue - $600 already

I have a 2014 Traverse & have never had problems with it *knock on wood* I literally hit 100k and warranties over when this problem hit. I've had it in the shop 3 times in the last 3 weeks and mechanic has no answers for me. So frustrated and am looking for any and all suggestions at this point. Supposedly the mechanic replaced the coolant temperature sensor, but at this point, I feel like he's milking me because its flippin' hot & he knows I need AC!!!
Old April 26th, 2021, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amanda McIntosh
I have a 2014 Traverse & have never had problems with it *knock on wood* I literally hit 100k and warranties over when this problem hit. I've had it in the shop 3 times in the last 3 weeks and mechanic has no answers for me. So frustrated and am looking for any and all suggestions at this point. Supposedly the mechanic replaced the coolant temperature sensor, but at this point, I feel like he's milking me because its flippin' hot & he knows I need AC!!!
had my coolant sensor replaced 10 days ago. Temperature gauge wasnt moving and fan constantly on when running and on startup and a few min after shutoff. It ran fine for 10b dd's days but now same issue again( engine light was on first time but not now) 2014 traverse
The following users liked this post:
armeniarc (May 24th, 2022)
Old May 24th, 2022, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Ive had this issue often on my 2014 Traverse. Seems like im constantly replacing sensors, I have a 2007 monte carlo and this car has double the miles and far less maintenance. Seems like Cheverolet should recall for these issues or have better warranty for censors. My warranty is up so I cant go into a dealership without someone telling me the car is old and giving an additional rack of hogwash to spend money on. Sad they see a woman coming and see dollar signs.

Search this Thread