Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Traverse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door

I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
1995 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

well this might not have ANYTHINg to do with the problem but... when you open the door theres the little thing that come out and make the interier lights come on and make it beep letting you know the key is in and all that stuff..the driver side door thing might be sticking............. i have no idea what the things are called.... but i hope u get the idea LOL..

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
. Yukon doesnt have the same familial feel as "I was in a Jimmy pulling hogs"
Old 11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

With a Traverse I would suggest having the vehicle checked at your local dealership. It is one of our newer vehicles and began production in the 2009 model year so no matter what model year you have you should still be covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which should cover you for this fix, under normal circumstances. I hope this helps you and if you have any issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

most newer vehicles have the "Door Ajar" or "Door Open" sensor located in the latch/lock mechanism in the door....
Old 07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBadness View Post
I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?
Hello - we are currently having the same problem with our Traverse ... how did you get this problem resolved Thanks,
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Hi deebo,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations! I see you are seeking the opinion of other forum members; however, we would be happy to get you in contact with your local dealership for further technical advice. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebo View Post
Hello - we are currently having the same problem with our Traverse ... how did you get this problem resolved Thanks,
Old 08-30-2014, 01:07 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

We are having the same problem with our 07 Equinox what are the likely causes I have removed the RAP relay and radio continues to play also the led's on the window buttons on the center console.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:45 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Found the problem broken wires in the area between door connector and door where wires flex when door opens and closes. The wires were taped to the split loom so they could not move when the door opens and closes. In my humble opinion a design/manufacturing flaw. Other wires in the harness exhibited broken insulation probably from stress. It was initially an intermittent problem almost impossible to diagnose since even though the wire was broken it still would make contact off and on and work.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Haunted radio

You sure your vehicle isn't named Christine??
Attached Thumbnails
Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door-christine-jpg  
Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Any easy fix?

I am having the exact same problem with my '09 Chevy Traverse starting as soon as I took the car in for recall work. Called the dealership and was told they'd never heard of this problem and I'd have to bring it in. With all the problems I've been having with this vehicle plus the recalls I'm hoping to avoid another half-day spent at the dealership. Has anyone discovered a easy at-home fix for this?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 PM

Tags
2010, camaro, car, chevy, close, door, make, malibu, open, opening, radio, shut, tahoe, ti, turn