Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2010, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door

I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?
The following 2 users liked this post by ImBadness:
Jesse1 (May 28th, 2020), juliogonzalez13@me.com (September 14th, 2022)
Old November 2nd, 2010, 1:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well this might not have ANYTHINg to do with the problem but... when you open the door theres the little thing that come out and make the interier lights come on and make it beep letting you know the key is in and all that stuff..the driver side door thing might be sticking............. i have no idea what the things are called.... but i hope u get the idea LOL..
Old November 2nd, 2010, 2:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

With a Traverse I would suggest having the vehicle checked at your local dealership. It is one of our newer vehicles and began production in the 2009 model year so no matter what model year you have you should still be covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which should cover you for this fix, under normal circumstances. I hope this helps you and if you have any issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
The following users liked this post:
juliogonzalez13@me.com (March 2nd, 2023)
Old November 19th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

most newer vehicles have the "Door Ajar" or "Door Open" sensor located in the latch/lock mechanism in the door....
Willie Hernandez (April 12th, 2020)
Old July 23rd, 2014, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ImBadness
I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?
Hello - we are currently having the same problem with our Traverse ... how did you get this problem resolved Thanks,
Old July 24th, 2014, 7:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi deebo,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations! I see you are seeking the opinion of other forum members; however, we would be happy to get you in contact with your local dealership for further technical advice. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by deebo
Hello - we are currently having the same problem with our Traverse ... how did you get this problem resolved Thanks,
Old August 30th, 2014, 1:07 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

We are having the same problem with our 07 Equinox what are the likely causes I have removed the RAP relay and radio continues to play also the led's on the window buttons on the center console.
Old August 31st, 2014, 1:45 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Found the problem broken wires in the area between door connector and door where wires flex when door opens and closes. The wires were taped to the split loom so they could not move when the door opens and closes. In my humble opinion a design/manufacturing flaw. Other wires in the harness exhibited broken insulation probably from stress. It was initially an intermittent problem almost impossible to diagnose since even though the wire was broken it still would make contact off and on and work.
Rafysonic (May 20th, 2022)
Old August 31st, 2014, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Haunted radio

You sure your vehicle isn't named Christine??
Attached Thumbnails Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door-christine.jpg  
Sassy Kat (May 11th, 2020)
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any easy fix?

I am having the exact same problem with my '09 Chevy Traverse starting as soon as I took the car in for recall work. Called the dealership and was told they'd never heard of this problem and I'd have to bring it in. With all the problems I've been having with this vehicle plus the recalls I'm hoping to avoid another half-day spent at the dealership. Has anyone discovered a easy at-home fix for this?

Quick Reply: Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door