Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

service stabilitrack/traction control off

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2014, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service stabilitrack/traction control off

had our 2011 Chevy Traverse diagnosed to get a new throttle body due to going into reduced engine power, service stabilitrack/traction control off. we have 35,280 miles on the vehicle. Last 8 of vin BJ111590 also have an open ticket 71-1388308710 that I set up before we did the throttle body replacement. Explained that I don't want to throw money at a vehicle that is out of warranty and is currently unsafe to drive as it will randomly drop to 20 miles per hour after 3 dings no matter how fast you are traveling. Took the vehicle in for service today and the dealership was very nice and did 2 other recalls on the vehicle. Got the vehicle back at 6 PM, it is 10:30 and the check engine light is back on and the service stabilitrak/reduced engine power is back already. We have had so many sensor/timing chain/stabilitrak issues that I am at a loss. I don't see how I can afford another diagnosis and other parts repair for a unit that is this new when it seems that no one knows what is actually causing this problem. Does anyone have anything concrete that will fix this issue that they have tried?
Old November 11th, 2014, 7:36 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Traverse2011 Welcome to the forum...
I would get it back to the dealership as soon as possible, if the issue is still unresolved and you paid for a repair that did not fix it, they may be able to credit you the cost of the parts and possibly some of the labor hours...
I don't know if it applies to your situation but I have heard that a cable harness that runs to the throttle body can be the cause and not the throttle body itself..
Please do follow up with how you proceed and what if found, it could really help someone else in the same situation.
Old November 11th, 2014, 7:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Traverse2011
had our 2011 Chevy Traverse diagnosed to get a new throttle body due to going into reduced engine power, service stabilitrack/traction control off. we have 35,280 miles on the vehicle. Last 8 of vin BJ111590 also have an open ticket 71-1388308710 that I set up before we did the throttle body replacement. Explained that I don't want to throw money at a vehicle that is out of warranty and is currently unsafe to drive as it will randomly drop to 20 miles per hour after 3 dings no matter how fast you are traveling. Took the vehicle in for service today and the dealership was very nice and did 2 other recalls on the vehicle. Got the vehicle back at 6 PM, it is 10:30 and the check engine light is back on and the service stabilitrak/reduced engine power is back already. We have had so many sensor/timing chain/stabilitrak issues that I am at a loss. I don't see how I can afford another diagnosis and other parts repair for a unit that is this new when it seems that no one knows what is actually causing this problem. Does anyone have anything concrete that will fix this issue that they have tried?
Hi Chris,

If you need any additional assistance into the dealership with this, we would be happy to notify your working agent of your case. Please feel free to send us a private message with any other information, and we would be happy to look into this further.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 26th, 2016, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REPORT THESE ISSUES. Someone is going to be killed if GMC doesn't issue a recall!!!

Call nhtsa at 8883274236 and report so a recall will be initiated. The more complaints they receive, the more likely they will investigate. I'm have same problems. Went to dealership for the third time today and I am sick of it!