Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

service stabilitrak / reduced engine / traction control off/ parking assist off

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2014, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service stabilitrak / reduced engine / traction control off/ parking assist off

We have a 2010 Traverse LT my wife loves this car it has about 76000 miles on and we started getting this error message [service stabilitrak / reduced engine / traction control off/ parking assist off]. The first time we took it to the dealer they had said something about a wiring harness under the pasanger seat that was not fully inserted or something. The error went away for awhile and now it is back. Took it back to the dealer today they said something about a communication error between the throttle body and the EBCM saying they want to replace the EBCM for around 950$ the car is still under power train warranty but now they are telling me that this isnt a power train issue? Its a communication/electrical problem? I am wondering if the dealer is going in the right direction? any advice would be good.

dealer said they were getting codes co561 and co242

thanks
Knollberg
Old January 22nd, 2014, 9:28 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
you could always try another dealership to see if you get the same information..
I know that is not a lot of help but it can at least ease your mind on the reliability of the diagnosis....
I am not an expert on it but I would be suspicions of the throttle body,as it has come up in other vehicles as the culprit of the same drive-ability symptoms...
Search the forum for the service stabilitrak / reduced engine / traction control off and read some of the various causes... the error is really a catch-all for various items...
Old October 17th, 2015, 6:45 PM
JNH
CF Beginner

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe V6, mileage at service time 71000, service date was 10/16/2015, serviced at Doug’s Chevrolet in Akron Ohio. I had the issue of “Reducing Engine Power” then “Shutting Engine Down” including the “Check Engine” and “Traction Control” lights. Pulled the codes; “P0601 Generic” which refers to “Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error”. I discussed this with the dealership service department and they agreed that it was going to be either the ECM or the Throttle Body. They said the ECM is covered under Federal Emission Warranty (8yr/80,000 mile), and the Throttle Body was also covered under “some other” warranty (hmm on that one, they did not go into specifics). After diagnostics they replaced the ECM, total cost, zero. The Federal Emission Warranty covers diagnostics and labor as well as the parts. Glad I did my research, so posting this so that others with this problem are aware, go to the dealership!
Old December 2nd, 2015, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2012 Traverse and I am getting code P0191 and P0496? Dealership is back logged here for weeks and don't tell me much over the phone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Amanda

Last edited by TXFootballMom; December 2nd, 2015 at 2:04 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem here!

My 4th Chevy in a row (3rd Suburban). Twice now I've had this issue. 2 years ago it was fixed by replacing the battery (probably having battery out reset the computer) and this time the dealership wants $5,500 to $6,500 because they *think* the cam lift or something is bad. I'm at the end of my rope. I paid nearly 60k cash for this truck. It's been 5 years and 140k miles. I've done thousands in repairs and now it's undriveable. Oh and the dealership told me it's not worth anything right now because it doesn't run and would I like to talk to a sales person about a new one? How about no. Never. Never ever buying another Chevy. I've asked them to get me the error codes and they said for a few hundred dollars they'll have the mechanic open something to look in there whatever that means. Meanwhile my rental is costing me $45 a day and it took them 4 days to even look at my suburban. If they're going to say it's 6k I'm going to tell them to take it outside and set it on fire. I need a lawyer.
Old December 4th, 2015, 11:49 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by TXFootballMom
I have a 2012 Traverse and I am getting code P0191 and P0496? Dealership is back logged here for weeks and don't tell me much over the phone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Amanda
the p0496 is most likely caused by the purge solenoid leaking, they are very common to cause this and the p0191 is a fuel rail pressure sensor code which could be caused by a number of things

Christina I it sounds to me like you should find another dealer to work with.
Old January 18th, 2016, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default stabilink traction control park assist off.

last night around midnight on my way home from i stopped to get gas because at 5.30 am we would be going cross state to visit family pulled in to the service station everything was fine,as i started the car put it in drive everything went crazy car would not move then as i applied the gas the car shudder and all these signal came on shut off the car reach for then manuals looking upinformation long story short now engine light on. I have tried the recommended suggestions but still nothing any advice.
Old January 18th, 2016, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 Impala, new body style with 46,810 miles on it. On 12/18/2015 I had a message: Service power steering, Service stabilitrac. I also lost power steering when that message appeared. I had an oil change appointment scheduled for the next day and had them check these problems. The service advisor told me there is a metal ring on the inward side of the right rear wheel bearing that senses wheel rpm and that ring was broken and needed replacement. He said the same problem is happening on the Buick Lacrosse. My cost to repair this was $460.12 with the oil change. P/N 1358907 bearing, P/N 11094506 nut & P/N 11611105 bolt. 0n 01/15/2016 I had the same thing happen again. This time the left rear wheel bearing needed replacement for $401.25. I asked the tech to show me what broke. It is a steel ring about 3" in diameter and 3/8" wide that is GLUED onto the back of the bearing assembly. It has grooves machined in the ring that senses wheel spin. It is only about 1/8" thick at the thickest part and about 1/16" thick at the thinnest part. Guess what? In this northern climate, those glued on rings rust and break apart. This is a terrible engineering design that sucks. The power steering problem was linked to the traction control. No power steering problem after bearing replacement and faults deleted in computer.

Last edited by dougsred1; January 18th, 2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention power steering problem.
Old January 21st, 2016, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Cool service stabilitrac/traction control

service stabilitrac/traction control was coming on plus check engine...engine code said cylinder 4 failure. after reading all of this it sounded like a pain to fix. but to start I opened the hood and pulled the plastic rat nest cover off. top useless piece over the engine. noticed 6 pieces of corn and went to looking around. a rat had chewed the red wire for cylinder 4 electronics into. repaired that and all went away. apparently the service stabilitrac/traction control warning will pop up on most any problem to get you to take it to the dealer to get robbed...
Old January 21st, 2016, 1:58 PM
CF Veteran

no the warnings pop up and speed reduced so knuckle heads don't just keep driving and cause more damage to the vehicle, do you realize the kind of damage that driving for a length of time on a dead miss will do? I can only assume you don't from your previous post.

Quick Reply: service stabilitrak / reduced engine / traction control off/ parking assist off