Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse - Dead Battery?

Old March 16th, 2013, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2010 CHevy Traverse---LEMON??

PLEASE HELP!!!
Anyone out there having problems with 2010 Chevy Traverses? My vehicle has been in & out of shop over 30 times, from May 2012 to present. And it's been in shop for total of 4months. It's had 3 engines. Even after that the engine light still kept coming on . Then the stabilty light keeps coming on. Engineer looked at twice and they still keep replacing sensors & computers. An engineer has been to look at it twice???
I just don't know how much one person is to take with a car!
I just feel Chevy likes making the hard working person suffer. My full time job for a while was running it to the dealership.
ANY ONE ELSE HAVE SAME PROBLEMS? If so, how did they fix your vehicle??PLEASE HELP!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Stangcrazy (December 21st, 2019)
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cmartellacci
PLEASE HELP!!!
Anyone out there having problems with 2010 Chevy Traverses? My vehicle has been in & out of shop over 30 times, from May 2012 to present. And it's been in shop for total of 4months. It's had 3 engines. Even after that the engine light still kept coming on . Then the stabilty light keeps coming on. Engineer looked at twice and they still keep replacing sensors & computers. An engineer has been to look at it twice???
I just don't know how much one person is to take with a car!
I just feel Chevy likes making the hard working person suffer. My full time job for a while was running it to the dealership.
ANY ONE ELSE HAVE SAME PROBLEMS? If so, how did they fix your vehicle??PLEASE HELP!!!!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> cmartellacci,

I’m sorry to hear of your experience with your Traverse vehicle. Would you please PM me your case number, so I can look into this further?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

I too am having battery issues with my traverse.
My husband bought me this truck for Mother's Day '12. I looked every where for an 8 passenger vehicle with all the basics, and none of the super distracting bells and whistles because my husband is not a very good driver lol. The 5 star safety rating is a huge bonus too. I test drove this truck, and fell in love. My step dad, a mechanic, agreed that it was an excellent choice for our family.
But now, I'm very tempted to trade it in.
Intermittently, the truck will just... Die. The battery drains, and I'm left screwed over, 3000kms from my step dad, waiting for someone to come boost me. It always happens in the mornings, typically when it's damp out.
I don't feel confident that this vehicle will be there, ready to go, when I need it. Any ideas?
No navigation, no park assist. Only after market on it is the trailer light hook up, and the problem was there for 3-4 months before the towing package was added, by my mechanic.
Old January 12th, 2014, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have 2009 Treverse that is completely dead. No power anywhere. I put the key in to start and now the key will not come out. Any ideas whats up??
Old January 13th, 2014, 7:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattie Davis
I have 2009 Treverse that is completely dead. No power anywhere. I put the key in to start and now the key will not come out. Any ideas whats up??
Last time I posted on here, my Traverse had been in the shop for a dead battery 4 times, now it has been in 7 times. I have a lawsuit filed against GM for the lemon law, but they'll probably drag it out until I give up.
There's a solenoid that keeps the key locked in when the battery is dead. Once you charge the battery, the key will come out.
Old January 14th, 2014, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck...I have had the engine in my 09 traverse rebuilt twice cause GM refuses to replace the engine. The first time I had engine problems, it stranded me 7 hrs from home and I was without for over a month. The loved the feeling of making a payment on a vehicle I could not drive. The second time at least I was home. I have had numerous problems with the battery issue. It just started again. It will start fine as long as it sits for a while, if I make stops for 5 to 10 mins and then leave again, it acts like the battery is dead....I dread having my wife take it for fear that it will not start on her.....All I received from GM was 2 months car payment.....I will never buy a GM product again....after fighting with them over my car and begging for a new engine, they still refused. It is the last GM product I will own.
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dead Battery/Jumpbox

At dealership waiting for service man to tell me I need a new battery :-). I know the battery is fine. 2010 traverse with navigation

Last edited by Trackman; August 19th, 2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Make and model
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Done with the Traverse

After 2 years of putting up with Traverse dying. GM finally paid up. They sent me a check for a more than fair price, they also paid my lawyer pretty handsomely too. The seventh time it was in the shop, they did find an Onstar module intermittently drawing power and replaced it. That seemed to fix it but we were already deep into our lawsuit. My wife absolutely loves her Explorer.
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Trackman
At dealership waiting for service man to tell me I need a new battery :-). I know the battery is fine. 2010 traverse with navigation
Serviceman said that the battery was bad. Replaced battery things appear to be good so far.
Old September 15th, 2014, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Traverse not starting

Ok, I have a 2010 chevy traverse that has 122k miles. No issues with it except for the following events:
  • Check engine light came in a couple weeks ago.
  • Received stability track warning
  • Received traction track warning light
  • Key locked in ignition when shutting down car

I placed pressure in the shifter and got the key out. I was able to start the car and received the stability track and traction DIC messages. I took it for a ride and could not exceed about 20 mph, even with gas pedal floored. I took it home and have not been able to get the car started again. In fact, the starter will not engage when I turn the ignition key to start.

I have lifted both cables from the battery to try to reset any codes locked in. No success.

I have played with the shifter, still no luck.

Lastly, I replaced the battery (since original was almost 5 years old). And still no luck.

Now when I turn on the key, I do not receive the previous stability or traction control warnings. Just the headlights go out when I take the key to start.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traverse - Dead Battery?