Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Traverse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

Recently when I turn of my 2010 Traverse and open the door, i noticed the radio stays on. I have to open and close the door several times before the radio will go off and sometimes even that doesn't work. This morning it was hard to start.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Kelly Dahl Wallander,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your radio on your Traverse. Do the chimes come on when you open the door? If they don't, it may be an ignition switch issue. If they do, it may be a door switch issue. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 PM
CF Beginner

First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Dahl Wallander View Post
First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.
I am having the same issue. Do you happen to know the part number that was used?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM

Tags
2010, car, chevrolet, chevy, door, forum, gm, open, opened, opens, radio, stays, stereo, traverse, turn