Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2012, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

Recently when I turn of my 2010 Traverse and open the door, i noticed the radio stays on. I have to open and close the door several times before the radio will go off and sometimes even that doesn't work. This morning it was hard to start.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Kelly Dahl Wallander,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your radio on your Traverse. Do the chimes come on when you open the door? If they don't, it may be an ignition switch issue. If they do, it may be a door switch issue. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 8th, 2012, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.
Old August 9th, 2012, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Kelly Dahl Wallander
First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.
I am having the same issue. Do you happen to know the part number that was used?
Old June 19th, 2020, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue just as described here with 2015 Traverse. WHEN WILL GM ISSUE RECALL. not happy!!!!! Known problem over and over yet no recall.
Old June 19th, 2020, 8:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

it has to be a safety issue to generate a recall. if you pay to have it fixed; save the receipt. if gm ever issues a customer satisfaction initiative (highly unlikely) , you may be eligible for a reimbursement.
Old June 19th, 2020, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

what a HORRIBLE response by customer service. pay a couple hundred for repair and we might pay you back but not likely. I have 4 Chevy's in my driveway right now. Time to make a change! Every single car I have owned have been GM going back to my '74 nova! I need to re-think this......