Traverse - Key off but radio still on? - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

CF Beginner

January 23rd, 2012, 8:10 AM   #1  
Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

Recently when I turn of my 2010 Traverse and open the door, i noticed the radio stays on. I have to open and close the door several times before the radio will go off and sometimes even that doesn't work. This morning it was hard to start.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

January 23rd, 2012, 9:30 AM   #2  
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Kelly Dahl Wallander,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your radio on your Traverse. Do the chimes come on when you open the door? If they don't, it may be an ignition switch issue. If they do, it may be a door switch issue. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

CF Beginner

April 8th, 2012, 2:06 PM   #3  
First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.

CF Beginner

August 9th, 2012, 8:43 AM   #4  
Posted By: Kelly Dahl Wallander First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.
I am having the same issue. Do you happen to know the part number that was used?

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors