Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!

Old March 10th, 2011, 1:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnybgood
Buy dash light bulbs from European inport automotive place. They are used on several imports.
I got it fixed more than a year ago. Euro parts stores may have same type bulbs, but they are >$20 each. I bought 2 bulbs for $2 and just glued them to the old sockets after removing the burnt bulbs. No problem at all. Easy and cheap fix. The dash disassembles in 5min. I'm going to replace all bulbs with wide angle cool white LEDs next time.
Old March 16th, 2011, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default dash lights

bulbs with base only cost me $1.55 each. I ordered 22 of them and have used 5 so far. Mercedes dealership charges almost $11 each for them.
Old March 16th, 2011, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default dash light bulbs

Manfacture of bulbs with base, is Osram-Sylvania. It is a 12v, 1.2watt bulb. I bought mine from RMeuropean company in colorado.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
CF Junior Member

What is the lamp number for this replacement dash lamp which is about $1.50 each? Telling us it's an Osram-Sylvania 12V/1.2W lamp doesn't tell which lamp it is. Our vehicle is an '08 Uplander.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default dash light bulbs

There is no number on the bulb, as I stated they are used in several european imports and each car manfacture has their own number. I suggest you google RMeuropean and go to their web site, and enter the 12v, 1.2 watt and you will find the bulbs.
Mercedes Bulb 12V - 1.2W Blue Socket Base Clear Glass For Dashboard Instruments 000000000953 - RM European Auto Parts this bulb is a different height but fits well, if you want the exact base, look for the bulb with a black base.

good luck
john
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM
CF Junior Member

John, Thank you for taking time to look up and to post this information on the dash lamps. I have looked at the website and bookmarked it. Fred
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default 05 Uplander Dash Lights

I too have had problems with the dash lights behind the gauges burning out and got the same run around at the dealer that I had to replace the entire unit. Eventually pulled the dash out myself and took out one the bulbs and took to dealer parts dept. and told they didn't have or could order . Went to several other parts stores and still not luck. My nephew, a mechanic on trucks told me to check at truck parts store. Sure enough a Mack truck sales and parts dealer counterman in parts dept. told me sure I have a bulb just like that. Turns out it is tan instead of blue and 1.5 watt instead of 1.2 watt, but we checked with service man and he said it would just a little brighter, but everything else is same even down to hex shape with slot for a small screwdriver. Were $4 each, so bought 8 on the spot. Can't wait to get home to install. Just can't believer the incompetency of dealer parts people today. All about greed and laziness to look up basic stuff the internet. If it isn't in there parts computer they just don't care.
Old May 18th, 2011, 4:27 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I never run the dash lights at full brightness, maybe 70% at most. I can count on one hand the number of dash bulbs that have gone out on me in over 50yrs of driving.
The life expectancy of an incandescent bulb goes way up if you drop the voltage a little on it.
Old May 19th, 2011, 6:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Uplander/Montana lights often burn because of the common voltage regulator problem.
Old May 19th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another excellent reason to keep them below full intensity.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!