Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are absolutely right. 20% reduced voltage gives 200% bulb's expected life.
Old May 19th, 2011, 6:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a big 10-4 Val
Old May 20th, 2011, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Point is the authorized dealers do not carry replacement bulbs or do they care just so they can sell you the entire dash. Also bulbs are leds instead of incandescent. I too in over 50 years of driving have never had a dash light burn out, but from what I'm reading on this forum this seems to be a common problem with this mode. Think the guy suggesting the voltage regulator has found the true problem.
Old May 20th, 2011, 1:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As indicated a few posts ago, this ( https://chevroletforum.com/forum/upl...s-20764/page2/ ) is the bulb. I don't believe this is a LED.
Old August 26th, 2011, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up dash light replacement

I was able to get bulbs from the local radio shack that were compatible to the ones in the dash , I then took them to the local TV repair shop and he charged me 10 bucks to replace them all. So Much for Chevy and the complete cluster replacement !! whooo hoooo
Old October 17th, 2011, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Those bulbs are commonly used my International in their Medium Duty & Heavy Duty Trucks. I buy them for around $1.50 each. I know it is the same bulb.
Old October 18th, 2011, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default dash light replacement

It just so happens I had one lamp burnt out on my 2007 Uplander speedometer. Initially the Chevy parts guy gave me the same answer. But, then he remembered that someone had tried an older cluster lamp on the Uplander panel. The lamp housing and bulb matched. The only difference is the original Uplander bulb is 1.2 watts. The older substitute is 1.5 watts. I bought the lamp, installed it and it works great. Here is the GM part number. 21019274

They list for $7.61, but my Chevy parts dealer sells over the counter for $4.35.

These lamps are also used for the cluster turn signal lights.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

I got the same runaround with my local GM dealer on dashlight bulbs for my 05 Terraza. Doing some searching led me to some cheap bulbs at the link below. Search results for "387542351MFX6" - Allied Electronics

In the event that they are out of stock, just search for "2351MFX6 USA" (or without the USA) and you should be able to find them at another reseller.

I also did some digging since some other lights are burning out. If experiencing other burnouts, I'd suggest fixing the voltage regulator to prevent surges. Another forum member provided a part number and instructions. I'll link to the original post as soon as I find it.
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/upl...remlins-18494/
Thanks, Shawnvw! Your expertise is greatly appreciated!
Old August 3rd, 2012, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Chevrolet Uplander - guage lights only are out

We have a 2005 Chevy Uplander and recently we noticed that the gauges are not lighting up. The red dial indicators are lit as well as the digital odomoter but the gauges themselves are in the dark. The headlights are working as well as the interior vehicle lights. We did not notice any flickering, which I see on the forum has been a problem for others. We have not recently had the battery, alternator or windshield wiper motors replaced, however that could have been done by the previous owner (we bought the car in 2007). We have had bizarre issues with the automatic sliding doors over the years, but nothing happens repeatedly, so we just reopen and close them, and they work. I have read all of the previous postings about others with burned out lights on the dash, but this happened suddenly, no flickering that we know of, and all gauge lights went out at once. Any suggestions?
The following users liked this post:
JackO (January 13th, 2023)
Old August 4th, 2012, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default dash lights

I would check for a burnt out fuse. Look in the owners manual for the location of the fuse panel and the labeling of the fuse itself.

Good luck

Quick Reply: 05 Uplander burnt out dash lights..!!