Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

06 Uplander DTC P0449!! Please Help!! Need Some Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2009, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 06 Uplander DTC P0449!! Please Help!! Need Some Advice!!

06 chevy uplander..v-6 engine...had 90k miles...dtc Code p0449...

Heres the problem....van starts up roughly....when its cold...its starts up...after engine is warmed up...engine hesistates to start up....if I accelarate the gas and try to start....it starts right up....once warm...if I dont push the gas pedal when turning the key, it will not turn on....I had a buddy scan it for me and got dtc code p0449, I have changed the gas cap, and inspected for leaks...I did not find any...I dont know what else to do and fear taking the van to dealer....Please help open to any all advice!!!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 6:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is your check engine light on ??
Old September 22nd, 2009, 2:31 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That code is for the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister vent solenoid valve
It is found on top of the fuel tank(number 3 in the pic)

Old September 22nd, 2009, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Hey Guys I posted This Thread!! I had some account issues and had to make a new one!! ....I do have a check engine light on...I found the canister...the plugs were rusted...due to water damage im assuming....I re wired the wire...but there is no power or ground to either or the wires....I do not know which fuse to check...i checked the all and they seem fine...so now im wondering whether its a relay?? or the actual lines coming from the harness? Csn i run a ground and power line directly to the canister to see if it works??....is there supposed to be constent power to the canister, or does it turn on or off at certain intervals?? Please help
Old September 22nd, 2009, 7:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Would a P0449 cause all those start/run problems ??
What warranty came with an '06 Uplander ? My '07 is 5 yrs/ 100k miles
Old September 23rd, 2009, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help!! Please Look!!

Im not getting any power or ground to the evap canister....Can someone please tell me the location and fuse number for the canister?? or vent/purge valve?...Can I power the canister directly???? bypassing the fuse box?
Old September 23rd, 2009, 5:29 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the red\white wire should be B+. It is fused at the instrument panel fuse box at the right side of the dash behind the panel in the door jamb.
It should be labelled CNSTR/VENT in location 19 rated at 10 amps
The white wire comes from the PCM. It gives it ground when it needs it to purge.
You should be able to jumper the leads to the battery to see if the solenoid clicks
Old September 23rd, 2009, 5:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Shawn, is the wiring on the gas tanks prone to corrosion?? Should a person have the tank oil sprayed or is the OP's problem a fluke ???
Old September 24th, 2009, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Shawnvw Please Look @ this Help!! Anyone??

Okay so, I found the fuse...sure enough it is was blown....But I still have the starting up issues...I currently Do not have the check engine light on....BUt when i turn the key to start the engine, it drags itself to start....when cold it starts up normally...after the second and third time i shut it off, then try to start it again, it stalls out, makes a noise like the starter is dragging....But If i step on the gas pedal it will start up right away like nothings wrong...Im still stuck...Weird thing is I dont have the check engine light on anymore....I was told to fill the gas tank up to full and let the cansister purge itself...?? i also got under the van again to check for current and ground and I have current flowing to the canister...I need your guys suggestions...I know I am so close.....any advice???? Would be greatly Appreciated....
Old August 3rd, 2010, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 2007 uplander p0449 code

hi, i have a 07 uplander had a code of p0449 so after reading a few other threads on this siter I changed the vent solenoid valve located on the top of the gas tank started the vehicle light was off. Then it came back on and now it comes back on as soon as I clear the code within 20 seconds. I spent $120 on the part form GM (i live in Canada) I have checked all the wiring as well and there is power to the solenoid? what else can it be I am getting the same code p0449 and p0449P?? thanks

Quick Reply: 06 Uplander DTC P0449!! Please Help!! Need Some Advice!!