Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

06 uplander RSE issues

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 uplander RSE issues

bought a 06 Uplander and not been able to figure out the Headsets. i have been able to get them on 2 times but not sure how lol. i'm not to good with technology. i turn on the car, put in dvd and turn on headsets and push it to 1 on head set, and push RSE on the system and nothing happens any one that has this system please help me. i have a 3 yr old going crazy because he can't hear the movie through the headsets. thanks
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Start your vehicle. Swing down the video screen, insert a DVD disc into the player. It should turn on the power to the player automatically when you insert the disc. If there is already a DVD disc in the player when you start the vehicle then just push the "play" button on the player or the "parental control button" which is the large button located on the overhead counsel immediately in front of the video screen.

The parental control button is meant for "on - off" control from the front seats. Sometimes to maintain order and control amongst the kids in the rear, this button is perhaps the most used and the most important button on the DVD player!

Regarding audio on the headsets, ensure the batteries are always fresh and good to go. Push to turn "on" the red power button on the headset and check to see that the red power lite near the button is "on." When adjusting the volume on the headset ensure it is not too loud. Test the loudness your self to ensure that it is okay, especially with young children. To get the sound coming from the headphones try either channel by switching between the two channels while listening yourself.

To hear the sound on the headphones, you have to be positioned "in front of the face of the DVD player - seated in the rear seats." In other words, you will not hear sound from the DVD system with the headphones while seated in the front seats of you van "behind the video screen/face of the player." Ensure you always keep fresh batteries in your headphones and the remote control.

Get in the rear seats of your vehicle and play with the DVD player and practice and learn how it operates. You can control rear temp and fan settings from the face of the DVD player. Place the rear fan control **** on the front dash to the "aux" position and it will allow for you to do this.

You can also listen to music from the CD player while seated the rear seats. In fact you can do both, listen to a CD and watch/hear a move using the earphones from the rear seats.

The "RSE/RSA" and "source" and other buttons on the face of the player have to do with creating these different listening scenarios. Experiment and find out how they work.

Another important thing that I have found is if the player ever "locks up" meaning when you try to push all of the buttons and the player will not respond, treat it like a computer. Turn off the ignition cutting the power to the player, wait 10 seconds and then restart the van and turn on the player. It will most always cure the problem.

If I may make a suggestion from the outset. Treat your DVD player gently. DVD players in these vehicles are an expensive piece of equipment. Remove and insert the discs yourself. Do not let young children do this operation as they have a tendency to force disc with too much pressure. Keep all you discs in good condition. Put the remote away from the reach of very young children and ensure that the children get in the habit of turning off the headphones when not in use. Train the kids to treat the player and all of its accessories with respect. Show the kids that you care about how the player properly used and they will do the same.

If you do this, your player will give you and your children many hours of very worthwhile enjoyment. The DVD player in my 2005 van has hundreds of hours on it and it has worked flawlessly perfectly entertaining my two grand daughter ages 8 and 4 years. The player has been a wonderful babysitter. I will definitely get another one in my next vehicle regardless of what I purchase.

I hope this helps you to get started entertaining your 3 year old. In a few years, he will advise you how to operate the player. Children learn quickly.