Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2005 Uplander with Heat Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2009, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Uplander with Heat Problems

Had to jump start my wife uplander. Ever since the front vents only blow cold air. When you turn the heat on all the vents blow air out, does not matter where dial is set (defrost, dash, floor, etc). AC does not work when you turn it on. Hot air does come out of the back floor vent. Any suggestions. Thanks for any help.
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Any luck with this? Did the exact same thing and have the exact same issue......
Old February 2nd, 2010, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, I took it to chevy dealer. They had to reprogram the computer. They took (actually said on the invoice) 1 minute to fix, $95.00 out of pocket. Needless to say not real happy.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 3:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, bigdog. That truly is disgusting that a dealer would whack you for that.
I hadn't owned a GM since 1970 and we got the 2007 Uplander for the grandkids. If they whack me $95 for a nuisance reprogram they wont see me again for another 37 years.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

I have actually considered writing gm about it. I have found a couple of other people that had the same problem. It is not my fault the battery died (definately should not have to reprogram after dead battery) and I wonder if this means I am going to go through this again next time I have to replace the battery. Trust me I am not sure I will go gm next time.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
CF Junior Member

as a old tech i now what ppl get charged at the dealer. and it is a rip even thoght thats how the tech makes $$. the standed dealers charge is 1hr labor$95+. As far as anything cpu related the only way to go is the dealer unfortunetly cuz there the only ones allowed to reprogram them. as far as any thing else see a private mech. much cheaper.
Old February 24th, 2010, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Took it to the dealer and was expecting to pay $95.00. was out in 25 minutes and the bill was only $47.00. I asked if I was going to have to do this everytime the battery dies or needs to be replaced...."Possibly....." We'll find out soon, my Uplander is a 2005 with the original battery in it, I'll need to get it replaced this year some time.
Old February 27th, 2010, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I will have my battery replaced at the dealer
Old February 28th, 2010, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

I hate to say it, and I do understand that this kind of stuff goes on with just about all makes and models, but this is the kind of crap that makes me go shopping for a different make next time. I know they are in the business to make money but there is not reason to have to pay to have a computer reprogrammed when a battery goes bad.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
CF Junior Member

I had to replace the battery once and to avoid problems like this I used jump cables to supply the car electrical system during the battery change process. Easy to do and saves time and money. Small 12V backup battery will do the trick. Just turn off any unnecessary lights, fans, radio etc. You can use your old battery as well if it is not completely dead.

Last edited by Val D.; February 28th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 Uplander with Heat Problems