Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2005 Uplander replaced battery no dashboard display

Old July 26th, 2012, 6:36 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Uplander replaced battery no dashboard display

I replaced the battery on my 2005 Uplander. Upon replacing I started up the car and everything seemed fine. An hour later my wife was going to take the old battery back to the store and she was freaking out. I went and looked and the engine started we had exterior lights workings but nothing internally worked. It was late so I went back in the car this morning. We have no Dashboard display, nothing digitally is working, as well as no gas gauge, no speedometer, nothing. inside lights do not work, no radio no blower for the back, but blower in the front works fine.

I'm 100% sure that after replacing the battery that the dashboard was working at first because I was going through it memory to look at things but after that we had nothing. Any ideas on what to look at? I am thinking that it's just one simple issue but I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks,
David
Old July 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

First step is always check all fuses first and go from there.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 2:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update please

Originally Posted by davidb69
I replaced the battery on my 2005 Uplander. Upon replacing I started up the car and everything seemed fine. An hour later my wife was going to take the old battery back to the store and she was freaking out. I went and looked and the engine started we had exterior lights workings but nothing internally worked. It was late so I went back in the car this morning. We have no Dashboard display, nothing digitally is working, as well as no gas gauge, no speedometer, nothing. inside lights do not work, no radio no blower for the back, but blower in the front works fine.

I'm 100% sure that after replacing the battery that the dashboard was working at first because I was going through it memory to look at things but after that we had nothing. Any ideas on what to look at? I am thinking that it's just one simple issue but I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks,
David
Good morning
I know this is a old post. But I am now experiencing the same issue all the gages in my dash went out also the lights. I have no idea how fast I'm going how much gas is in it. I thought I may need to replace the EDM, but now I have no idea if that will fix the issue. I have a 05 Chevy uplander.
Thank you! Have a great day!!
The following users liked this post:
JackO (January 13th, 2023)