Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2008, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

After a few weeks of hunting the internet for a fix to the light flickering all I have been able to fide is that the actuator arm of the wipers is hitting and cutting through a wireing harness..I looked under the hood and dont see how this is possible, but I thought Id pass it along...

The gas gauge problem are still unsolved, even after replacing the sending unit the gauge is always off..I count the mileage and get gas every 250 to 300 miles...so far I have not run out..

does anyonea site to read the complete GM service bulletin for a fix for these problems?[:'(]

So far Im not impressed with the van and Im sorry I bought the big blue hippo...still the ugliest van I have ever owned.
Makes me wish I still had my 94 APV (space shuttle looking thing)

[IMG]local://upfiles/20735/EDB63A5BEACC46BFA69350E7D6554005.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20735/6B0490D3F947471689FABD24833870F5.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 18th, 2008, 5:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..

Hahah lol. love the gorilla! [/align]Welcome to the forum![/align]
Old October 19th, 2008, 5:33 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

#05-06-03-003C: Headlamps/Headlights and/or Interior Lights Flicker Intermittently (Replace Generator Voltage Regulator) - (Mar 30, 2007)

Subject:
Headlamps and/or Interior Lights Flicker Intermittently (Replace Generator Voltage Regulator)
[align=left]

Models:
2005-2007 Buick Terraza[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Chevrolet Uplander[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Pontiac Montana SV6[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Saturn Relay[/align]

[hr]

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2007 model year and update the part number. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-06-03-003B (Section 06 - Engine/Propulsion System).
[hr]

Condition
Some customers may comment that the headlamps and/or interior lights flicker intermittently. This condition may occur when other accessories are engaged and may be most noticeable in the fog or at idle.
Cause
This condition may be caused by fluctuations in generator output.
Correction
Do NOT replace the entire generator.
Replace the generator voltage regulator following the service procedure below.
Service Procedure
Important:The generator does not need to be removed from the vehicle to perform this procedure.
[ol]Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect.
Loosen the drive belt and remove the belt from the generator pulley. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement in Engine Mechanical - 3.5 or Engine Mechanical 3.9.
Disconnect the electrical connectors off the back of the generator. If equipped, remove nut holding power steering lines to generator and reposition power steering lines aside.
Remove all three mounting bolts on the generator. Keep the mounting bolts in a safe place for use in Step 10. The generator can be rested on the mounting bracket for support in Steps 5-9.
Remove the end cover and brush protector.
Remove the old voltage regulator.
Install the new voltage regulator.
Install the new brush protector, included in the kit.
Install a new end cover, included in the kit.
Reinstall the three generator mounting bolts. (Make sure that dielectric grease is still present on metal contact areas of mounting bolt holes. If not, place a thin film of dielectric grease on metal contacts.)
Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 50N·m (37lbft).
Connect the electrical connectors. If equipped, install the nut holding the power steering lines on the back of the generator.
Install the drive belt. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement in Engine Mechanical - 3.5 or Engine Mechanical 3.9.
Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect.
Test generator function using VAT-40.
Make sure that the battery is fully charged. Refer to Battery Charging in SI. [/ol]
Parts Information

Part Number

Description

Qty

Kit - Service Generator Regulator

Old October 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info on the voltage regulator...Will this also correct the fuel gage problem? If I park on a hill facing downward I seem to lose alot of fuel overnight.or the gage reads almost empty..or is this a different gremlin...Someone in another forum said to turn the key on wait 5 seconds and then start the van. This gives the computer time to reboot..Is this correct?
ALSO, how do I reprogram the key fob, I had to replace a battery, it is marked GM/L on the back..

Sorry for all the questions..Just regretting buying it and I cant afford to take it to the dealer for every little thing..Its out of warranty

Thanks Again
P.S I also have a 1977 Saturn SW2 wagon and it has never had this many problems with the electrical system.
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

opps 1997 saturn...damn my fat sausage like finger
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

one more thing, my voltage read out is between 14.2 and 15.1 volts,on the digital gauge,it seems high to me..or is this normal?
thanks again
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

They usually run around 14.5v. I highly doubt that will fix the gas gauge problem. the only bulletin that gm released about the gas gauge problem is about replacing the fuel level sensor in the tank. I'll post it below.
Leaving the key one for 5 seconds won't help anymore than starting it up and driving away. one thing you can try is driving to a level position, shutting down the van, and restarting it while on a level surface. The express that i drive have this same problem, if I park in an unlevel driveway, my gas light will be one if I have less that a quarter tank. Once I pull out of the driveway, I shut down the van and restart it then all is good

You should be able to change the battery in the fob and not have to worry about reprogramming it. The frequency of the remote is already learned to the vehicle and changing the battery doesn't change the frequency.
Old October 20th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

#07-08-49-013: Fuel Gauge Reads Empty When Fuel Tank is Full, Low Fuel Light Comes On When Fuel Tank is Full, DTC P0463 Stored (Replace Fuel Level Sensor) - (Aug 16, 2007) [/align]
[align=left] [align=left]

Subject:
Fuel Gauge Reads Empty When Fuel Tank is Full, Low Fuel Light Comes On When Fuel Tank Is Full, DTC P0463 Stored (Replace Fuel Level Sensor)[/align][align=left]

Models:
2005-2007 Buick Terraza[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Chevrolet Uplander[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Pontiac Montana SV6[/align][align=left]

2005-2007 Saturn Relay[/align]

[hr]

Condition
Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:[align=left]

The fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates after filling up the fuel tank (fuel gauge will jump up and down to empty).[/align][align=left]

The fuel gauge reads empty when the fuel tank is full.[/align][align=left]

The low fuel light comes on when the fuel tank is full.[/align][align=left]

The Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated.[/align]Technicians also may find DTC P0463 stored.
Cause
This condition may be caused by the wiper fingers in the fuel level sensor moving beyond the printed circuit on the ceramic card, which may cause an open circuit in the fuel level sensor when the fuel tank is full or overfilled.
Correction
Important:Follow Corporate Bulletin Number 01-08-45-005E before replacing the fuel level sensor.
Replace the old fuel level sensor that has the open circuit with a new fuel level sensor that has the improved ceramic card. Refer to Fuel Level Sensor Replacement in SI.
Parts Information

Part Number

Description

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (Long Wheel Base, E85-compatible vehicles)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN prior to 7D139910.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (LWB, gasoline powered)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN prior to 7D142875.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (Short Wheel Base, gasoline powered)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN prior to 7D141146.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (LWB, E85-compatible vehicles)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN after 7D139910.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (SWB, E85-compatible vehicles)
Use only on E85-compatible SWB vehicles.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (LWB, gasoline powered)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN after 7D142875.

Kit, Fuel Level Sensor (SWB, gasoline powered)
Use only on vehicles with a VIN after 7D141146.
Warranty Information[/align][/align][/align]
Old October 21st, 2008, 4:33 AM
CF Beginner

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO, MY KEY FOB MAYBE DEAD, IT DIDNT HAVE A BATTERY IN IT WHEN I BOUGHT THE VAN. I was going to order one off e bay but if i cant program it myself, theres no point..

IAM GOING TO TRY TO BY THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR KIT FROM A LOCALDEALER TODAY..
Old October 21st, 2008, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

dealer says the part is not for sale by its self, I need to replace the alt at a cost of almost $300 + labor, even GM should fix it for free...

Quick Reply: 2006 Uplander electrical gremlins..