Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Chevy Uplander Transmission Works on R, 1 and 2, and Doesn't on D and 3

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2016, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Uplander Transmission Works on R, 1 and 2, and Doesn't on D and 3

Hi all,

My 2007 Chevy Uplander with about 88k miles is having a problem. The transmission works on R, but doesn't work on D. It doesn't work on 3 either, but it works on 2 and 1, although it doesn't seem to be normal.

The code I am getting is P0751.

I had occasionally started observing the jerks from time to time while it shifted. But then it stopped all of a sudden while I was stopped at light for a left turn. At that time there were no prior symptoms. In fact it had been working fine for about a week or so with no jerks.

It seems to be related to pressure solenoid. What are my option? The problem is that if I get the solenoid replaced and it doesn't fix the problem I have lost a lot of money for nothing. Is there any way for the tech to check to make sure if the solenoid is the problem when he opens it up? If he finds the solenoid to be fine, then I can think of rebuilding/replacing the transmission while he is at it.

I bought it used so I don't know if the oil was every changed. I haven't.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old May 18th, 2016, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same here

I have the same problem on my 07 Uplander. One day it drove perfectly fine, next morning i go to drive it to work and it wouldn't drive. Reverse works fine and so did 1 and 2 but that also eventually went as well. As of now it's only reverse that works. Did you happen to find out what the problem was?? It would help me incredibly since no one I've spoken to seems to figure the problem out. Best of luck and hope your problem was fixed.
Old May 19th, 2016, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

My mechanic and I decided to go step by step. First oil flush, then replace the pressure solenoid, and then rebuild transmission. But when he opened up the pan for oil change, he found out a small piece of (some kind of) band broken. He said that the transmission needs to be replaced or rebuilt. I posted its pictures on different sites and people identified the piece as the broken band, and they agreed that it needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I am getting it rebuilt as of now for $1600 with 2 year unlimited miles warranty.

Looks like this is a typical problem with these Uplanders. Good luck with your transmission.

Originally Posted by Ellery Quiles
I have the same problem on my 07 Uplander. One day it drove perfectly fine, next morning i go to drive it to work and it wouldn't drive. Reverse works fine and so did 1 and 2 but that also eventually went as well. As of now it's only reverse that works. Did you happen to find out what the problem was?? It would help me incredibly since no one I've spoken to seems to figure the problem out. Best of luck and hope your problem was fixed.
Old May 19th, 2016, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Here are the pictures of that part.

Originally Posted by Ellery Quiles
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Chevy Uplander Transmission Works on R, 1 and 2, and Doesn't on D and 3-071sdnoliqm3.jpg   2007 Chevy Uplander Transmission Works on R, 1 and 2, and Doesn't on D and 3-t64av0a3si6r.jpg   2007 Chevy Uplander Transmission Works on R, 1 and 2, and Doesn't on D and 3-z6qqhhmoobtu.jpg