Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2014, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Uplander

I have a 2007 Uplander with this problem:
Recently I have had the message "Service Stability" come up on my dash- nothing else, no check engine etc. No noise.
I have a code reader, but no code comes up - first the green lights up (meaning ok), then it reads again and amber lights up.
I am thinking it could be either "wheel Hub assembly- left front" problem or a "steering sensor" or niether.
Can someone give some insight to what I should look for or tell my mechanic possible places to look.
Nanc

Last edited by Nanc; July 7th, 2014 at 8:07 AM. Reason: additional info
Old July 7th, 2014, 8:58 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually the "Service Stability" appears along with
"Service ABS" as it is usually a problem with a wheel speed sensor or the harness connected to it. You won't get a check engine light as it is not emissions related. I'm guessing your mechanic has a code reader as its pretty tough to be one without it these days. All he should need to know is that you're getting the message and let the scanner do the rest.

Once you locate a scanner that can read the code it will tell you exactly where, what and which side. Some aftermarket scanners only read the emissions codes and not the body codes...which the stability system falls under...

BTW - Its usually a front wheel bearing as the speed sensors go bad regularly...

Good luck...