Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2008 uplander Rust underneath

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2014, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 uplander Rust underneath

Hello;

I have posted some pictures and videos on my Onedrive, here: http://1drv.ms/1nAwYBW

Please, let me know what you Think about the rust. Is it to much to pay $20,000? Well, yes it is for a used car, but here in Sweden ALL american cars are overpriced as they are luxuary.
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks quite rusty and poorly maintained.
Get a carfax on this vehicle to see where it lived and what work/repairs were done on it.

Who is selling this vehicle? A GM dealer? A car dealer? A private sale?
Tell us who brought this van to Sweden and why ..... DO NOT BUY IT WITHOUT SEEING A CARFAX !!

It would be nice here if our lurking Chevrolet Customer Service folks would at least tell you where (to what dealer) the van was originally shipped from the factory

Good luck.

Last edited by Papa Bear; March 10th, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
It looks quite rusty and poorly maintained.
Get a carfax on this vehicle to see where it lived and what work/repairs were done on it.

Who is selling this vehicle? A GM dealer? A car dealer? A private sale?
Tell us who brought this van to Sweden and why ..... DO NOT BUY IT WITHOUT SEEING A CARFAX !!

It would be nice here if our lurking Chevrolet Customer Service folks would at least tell you where (to what dealer) the van was originally shipped from the factory

Good luck.
Thank you! I bought a Carfax today, it says nothing about repairs, but it says that the earliest record of the car is when it was imported from Germany(!!!) in 2008. Then it was sold to two big cities here in Sweden as a leasing-car and after that a private person bought it and then sold it to the car dealer. I do not Think they are "official" GM dealers. They sell alot of American cars though, like Chrysler, Chevys and Jeeps. But alot of european brands too.
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wiki doesn't know everything but they say that the 2008 Uplander went to Mexico or Canada.
Chevrolet Uplander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your photos look like a rental car from Montreal or Toronto Canada that lived in winter salt and it was not looked after.

Your limited CarFax info offers a storied and suspect past for the vehicle, I would pass on the vehicle.

Go with a used Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna if you can find a good one. To pay a premium for a suspect Uplander is not a good decision IMHO.

Good luck.
Old March 10th, 2014, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Wiki doesn't know everything but they say that the 2008 Uplander went to Mexico or Canada.
Chevrolet Uplander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your photos look like a rental car from Montreal or Toronto Canada that lived in winter salt and it was not looked after.

Your limited CarFax info offers a storied and suspect past for the vehicle, I would pass on the vehicle.

Go with a used Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna if you can find a good one. To pay a premium for a suspect Uplander is not a good decision IMHO.

Good luck.

Thank you for taking time. We will most certainly not buy that car. We really appreciate your help! Again, thank you!
Old March 10th, 2014, 5:15 PM
CF Active Member

Papa Bear beat me to it - I think you should keep looking.

All the best to you! Good Luck shopping!
Old March 10th, 2014, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 442dude
Papa Bear beat me to it - I think you should keep looking.

All the best to you! Good Luck shopping!

Thank you! I do like the Uplander as a vehicle though. Maybe I'll import one for myself...