2008 Uplander...wireless headphones - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2008 Uplander...wireless headphones

March 16th, 2009, 4:53 PM   #1  
2008 Uplander...wireless headphones

Hi, anyone know a) are the GM headphones IR or wireless rario frequency, and b) what (if applicable) is the frequency that the headphones run on? I have searched and searched, but I can't find it. My dealership wants $210 CDN for 1 pair of headphones, so I'm just gonna go aftermarket, but I need the frequency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

March 16th, 2009, 8:55 PM   #2  
They are IR (Infared)

These work great

http://www.rywirelessheadphones.com/product/R2H-21320

March 17th, 2009, 5:17 AM   #3  
Posted By: shawnvw They are IR (Infared)

These work great

http://www.rywirelessheadphones.com/product/R2H-21320
awesome, thanks for the help!

CF Active Member

January 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #4  
The headphones don't work for the front passenger seat. Obviously there was no need for this since you couldnt watch dvd while driving on the Nav screen. Is there a way to get the IR signal to reach the front passenger seat? I installed an LCD for the front passenger. Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Last edited by mirage00; January 6th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

CF Active Member

January 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #5  
Any comments... trying to figure out what the best way to get audio to the front seat.

Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

January 15th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #6  
you need to install an infared transmitter in front of the passenger. but you MUST get a dual channel transmitter and have to set to channel B. If you leave on channel A, or get a single channel, when the rear passengers are trying to listen, the 2 infared signals will cancel each other out and they will have no audio.

By going this route, you must also get dual channel headphones for the passenger as well

CF Active Member

January 16th, 2010, 9:38 AM   #7  
Posted By: shawnvw you need to install an infared transmitter in front of the passenger. but you MUST get a dual channel transmitter and have to set to channel B. If you leave on channel A, or get a single channel, when the rear passengers are trying to listen, the 2 infared signals will cancel each other out and they will have no audio.

By going this route, you must also get dual channel headphones for the passenger as well
Thanks Shawn... What if I purchased this and piggy backed the wiring off the existing one insdie the overhead dvd screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

CF Beginner

November 24th, 2010, 6:27 PM   #8  
Help!!! my headphones have static because the channel in the audio system changed and I can't change backto dvd,, i can only hear radio or cd its in channel 2 how can i change to channel 1 back again?? please help

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors