Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

ABS Codes C0040, C0041

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HWDIII I learnt the hard way that it wasn't the wheel hub but the right front abs harness. The outer casing was intact and did not appear to be broken. When it was disconnected from the main harness and tested with an ohms meter it was found to be broken internally even though the outer insulation was intact. If you have a multi meter and want the simple test select the audible beep and test the harness from end to end. If it beeps its good, no beep it's broken somewhere. Generally speaking from the posts I've researched it's usually a bad wire and or weatherpak end. I hope this helps.
Old August 28th, 2010, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

cdnskipatroller,
Thank you. I thought my problem was in the wiring harness, because every time I moved it, the problem went away for a couple days. What I can't find is the end of the wire up under the hood to check it with the ohms meter.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

I know this is an old thread but can anyone answer HWDIII's question about where the other end of the cable is located?

Thanks
Doug
Old July 23rd, 2011, 7:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure, it goes to the electronic brake control module (EBCM):

Terminal A, TAN wire, to EBCM terminal 27 (RF Wheel Sens Lo Ref)
Terminal B, DK GRN wire, to EBCM terminal 26 (RF Wheel Sens Sig)

I have to warn you, the EBCM is not something you want to muck around with casually.
Old July 24th, 2011, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

My ABS light is ON and I get the Service Brake system warning message. Do you get the ABS codes from the connector beneath the steering wheel? I tried but I didn't get any codes.

Thanks
Doug
Old July 24th, 2011, 8:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it's the same OBD II connector but your scanner has to be able to scan for ABS codes (C-something for Chassis). Scan tools come in various capabilities. Unless the particular unit specifically says to support ABS, it most likely doesn't.
Old August 1st, 2011, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

I tried getting codes with a different tester and I was successful. I got B036 LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED CIRCUIT RANGE PERFORMANCE, and B035 LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT. I believe that my next step is to remove the connector from the EBCM and check the resistance of the Speed Sensor from pins 27 and 28. I will report back with what I find!

Thanks
Doug
Old September 29th, 2011, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Mine read 500K Ohms...Time to replace! Does anybody know if I have to relace the bolts that hold the hub in place when it gets replaced?

Thanks
Doug
Old September 30th, 2011, 7:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe there is a bulletin about the wiring harness to the hub assy., it becomes intermittent and causes problems. Search the forum and you'll find it. It would be a shame to change out a good hub assy when the fault is the plug/harness that attaches to it....YMMV
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Replaced my Hub yesterday. The bolts were a little difficult to remove but it wasn't that bad. I did buy new hub bolts from the dealer and they came with loc-tite already applied. The new bolts also help guarantee that the torque is correct. My ABS light is off and more importantly the wife is happy!

Quick Reply: ABS Codes C0040, C0041