Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Anit-theft, ABS

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-theft, ABS

I'm new to this so bare with me and I'm extremely upset. We just recently purchased a 2006 Chevy Uplander LT as a better vehicle than my 2004 Kia Sedona...it has only been a week and already have problems. I started the van only to go half a block when my anti-theft light came on with Service Anti-theft system soon when I come to my first stop where my dash went out, couldn't use my turn signal, sounded like back brake locked up, and now the Service ABS system soon and Service vehicle soon comes on dash. It almost caused an accident at my turn . Now, I have small children in the vehicle which I'm so glad I wasn't too far from home. I was able to turn around the block and go home all while the dash kept going on and off still telling me to service the anit-theft, ABS, and vehicle soon. I stopped in front of my house and tried to turn off the vehicle...the radio kept turning on and off without the key in the ignition. I tried to turn the van back on only to get a check engine light and van wouldn't start. I took the key out and tried again only to start the vehicle with the same service lights. Therefore, I ultimately turned the van off when the radio still kept turning on and off without the key in the ignition. The vehicle ran fine all week and even yesterday. We just forked out money to upgrade from an unsafe Kia and I feel I downgraded. Almost getting into an accident because of an anti-theft problem is NOT what we need. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by nothappyagain16; June 22nd, 2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 7:01 PM
CF Active Member

That sounds like a few unrelated electrical issues. Radio, engine and ABS don't really have anything to do with each other except they all run off the same battery. I'd start by checking the battery, alternator and look for loose wires (particularly on the battery or grounds attached to the body).
Old June 22nd, 2016, 7:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

private sale or from a used car lot?
Old June 23rd, 2016, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you...will check these things out.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

It was from a used car dealer tech 2
Old June 28th, 2016, 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

Considering it is 10 years old I'm assuming it was sold "as-is". So you are going on 2 weeks of ownership? Even if it was "as-is" you might want to check your states laws regarding this.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 9:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

contact the used car dealer and see if they will do anything for you. Just so you know, if they get you to sign a work order...they will be charging you.

Give them the opportunity to help you.
Say, the vehicle you just bought 2 weeks ago is already having problems. See how they respond to that question. It would be nice, seeing as its just sold, it they took care of this for you.

If they seems unwilling, say, do you not stand behind your vehicles. Was this not inspected and test drove before sale? Now that you have my money...I get a thanks now f-off. I would think they would want to give their customers a good experience.

Last edited by tech2; July 3rd, 2016 at 9:40 AM.