Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Cruise Control not Operational

Old March 30th, 2014, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cruise Control not Operational

Hi all,

I purchased this used vehicle at about 125k, from a used car dealership, that had one owner in the past from the records. I have searched the forums with some help, but there are some questions that I need to have answered by a hands-on tech I think.

Problem is that the Cruise Control does not seem to power on, (I have read the schematics, and verified that the fuses are OK)

This ribbon connector located in the steering wheel.....is it safe to be removing the cover on the steering wheel? Will the airbags deploy?
Old April 2nd, 2014, 4:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
New to this forum but need help also,2008 Silverado cruise does not work , set light comes on but no cruise. I replaced the switch at the brake peddle twice this week and no good. Anybody got any other ideas before I suckered in taken it to a dealer.
Thanks
Old April 4th, 2014, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While on my cruise this last weekend, I tried it all again. It seems that I expected that when you press the CC button, the lamp would come on. I was incorrect. Once the vehicle was driving at highway speeds, I played with the SET, and then the light turned on, and I could feel the vehicle accelerate when I moved the lever +/-.

I have owned Fords, and Toyota's in the past that indicate as soon as the button is enabled. I guess that the GM version works differently.