Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Cruise control wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2016, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control wiring diagram

Hi everyone, Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the cruise control on a 05 Uplander. The green dash light comes when I start the car so the bulb is good, but when I push the button on the stem of the control stick, no light on the dash. One time only, when I wiggled the control, the dash light flickered for a microsecond, so I think I have a broken wire in the steering column. Any help is appreciated.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 9:02 PM
CF Active Member

Those multifunction switches have also been known to go bad, or that could have just been a coincidence and your problem is elsewhere such as the deactivation switch on the brake pedal assembly.
Attached Thumbnails Cruise control wiring diagram-20161203_214614.jpg  
Old December 4th, 2016, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

U. Thanks for the reply. Turns out the cruise control switch on the steering wheel is bad. It's likely the cruise was never used by the previous owners and the contacts had corroded. If I keeping pushing the set switch and wiggling the handle, I can get the criuse to engage. I'm going to keep playing with it and hope it fixes itself. If not, I'll just replace the switch. By the way, the wiring diagram is helpful. I like knowing as much as I can about my vehicles. Thanks again.