Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Electrical "problems" with 2008 Chevy Uplander LS extended van

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2014, 6:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 uplander, first started with the door dinging when the doors were closed, that progressed to dinging when the van was off key out and doors locked with no one in it, did that until I pulled the fuse for the radio, ordered a new radio.

A week later while on the way to work the anti theft came on, the dash went nuts then went blank, nothing worked on the dash. later that afternoon everything was fine with the execption on the radio, still waiting for the new one...

I'm leaning towards the bcm as the cause of these issues.

I havent seen anyone else list the same problems I'm having in this forum, hope someone may have an idea on how to fix it.

PS the radio has been acting up for over a year with not working at all to working fine, the dinging problem started about 2 months ago.

thanks
Old November 25th, 2014, 7:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How long have you owned this vehicle?
Have you cleaned the contact pads on the rear sliding doors? I clean mine every year with WD-40 and a scotch-brite pad or 320 sandpaper. Clean the pins and the pads until they shine and leave a fresh film of WD-40 on the contacts to slow oxidation.

Good luck.
Old November 25th, 2014, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

yep, cleaned them a few times, that problem only causes it to ding when you put it in drive, the dinging happened with no key in the ignition and doors closed.
Old December 6th, 2016, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

I still have this "problem-plagued" Uplander and it has 162,000 miles on it now (December 2016). Still see the fluctuating voltages and dimming lights at night (when it is more noticeable). We've had to have the transmission replaced---it just quit one night while "house shopping" with my daughter. We had been to several houses already but the last one all we had was reverse!? Sudden---and expensive!!! Rear wiper motor quit working. Front wheel hubs---both sides---have been replaced "several" times each!? BOTH front driving light assemblies have been replaced twice already. One "blew apart" in a car wash (so they paid to fix it). A/C compressor has developed major leaks and it will need replaced next year for sure. I tend to keep my vehicles for a LONG time (our 1994 Astro van had over 250,000 miles on it when we gave it to our oldest daughter for an "extra" vehicle since they had teenagers learning to drive). But---Chevrolet does NOT have a mini-van so I guess I will just have to resign myself to looking at another manufacturer whenever it is time to get another mini-van. Until then, I will continue to try and drive this 2008 Uplander...
Old December 7th, 2016, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Oh man! We're still here too. we had to replace our entire transmission 2 months ago for $2400. Now our heat doesn't work unless the gas pedal is depressed....again! We had it repaired at the dealership last year. Of course there's nothing defective about these vans!
Originally Posted by G P Meyers
I still have this "problem-plagued" Uplander and it has 162,000 miles on it now (December 2016). Still see the fluctuating voltages and dimming lights at night (when it is more noticeable). We've had to have the transmission replaced---it just quit one night while "house shopping" with my daughter. We had been to several houses already but the last one all we had was reverse!? Sudden---and expensive!!! Rear wiper motor quit working. Front wheel hubs---both sides---have been replaced "several" times each!? BOTH front driving light assemblies have been replaced twice already. One "blew apart" in a car wash (so they paid to fix it). A/C compressor has developed major leaks and it will need replaced next year for sure. I tend to keep my vehicles for a LONG time (our 1994 Astro van had over 250,000 miles on it when we gave it to our oldest daughter for an "extra" vehicle since they had teenagers learning to drive). But---Chevrolet does NOT have a mini-van so I guess I will just have to resign myself to looking at another manufacturer whenever it is time to get another mini-van. Until then, I will continue to try and drive this 2008 Uplander...
Old June 6th, 2018, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Did anyone find the problem Im having same issues
Old June 6th, 2018, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Did anyone find an answrer to hat went wrong how it got fixed or not . Found this thread Im having same issue
Old October 5th, 2018, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bellamr
See my post above. My problem was with a loose nut on a bolt on the alternator that attaches a cable to the starter.
I have a brand new alternator on our 08 uplander voltage is up and down matiance tire monitoring system keeps showing up ,battery light comes on, doors wont lock key fob fails to work and a delayed locking pops up when I try to lock the doors.
Old October 6th, 2018, 6:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthur McGee
I have a brand new alternator on our 08 uplander voltage is up and down matiance tire monitoring system keeps showing up ,battery light comes on, doors wont lock key fob fails to work and a delayed locking pops up when I try to lock the doors.
does your battery pass a load test? are you certain there are no shorts in your entire system?
"voltage is up and down" when is this occuring? what is the voltage swing?
the dashboards voltage display for my van varies widely between roughly 13.0 and 14.4 with the motor running. there is no ill effect from it in my case, it seems like normal operation.
i get 'delayed locking'... i have one door that does not always lock, i just check all locks manually.
i dont have tire monitoring

my assumption is that all of your issues are not related to each other.

Old October 7th, 2018, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Figured out

I have an 05 uplander . Same problems as above . Except for door locks , abs light and traction control . That sounds like BCM problems. My lights dimmed charge system failure. A.c. would shut down . Eventualy vehicle would shut off . I changed alternator replaced battery cables . Helped a lot till I got a service vehicle soon on dic. This is a BCM code b1516 was battery current sensor . Had to buy one from dealer aftermarket did not work, problems solved

Quick Reply: Electrical "problems" with 2008 Chevy Uplander LS extended van