Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Fuse/electrical/switch problem

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2013, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse/electrical/switch problem

Hello all!

I've got a 2008 Chevy Uplander. We've had trouble off and on with the power doors over the years... got them fixed a few times.

So a few weeks ago, they powered open and close fine, but the car would NOT stop the "door open" chime. Now you can only drive so many miles with that non-stop dinging before you go insane, so I googled and read that sometimes the computer something-or-other just needs to be reset... it thinks it's open when it's closed. Supposedly, all you do is pull the fuse out, wait a few minutes, and put it back in.

So that's what I did.

Well... the car hasn't chimed since... but neither have the power locks or the overhead power door buttons worked since that moment. Any time when they would have locked or unlocked before, there's just a clicking sound instead. ie: When you press the key fob button, when you press the lock button on one of the doors, when you put the car in drive, etc.

The buttons on the column beside the door DO work to CLOSE the doors... but not to open them. Absolutely nothing happens if you press the buttons to try to open the doors, or if you press the overhead buttons.

It CAN'T be a coincidence that all of these things broke in the exact same stretch of 5 minutes when I pulled that fuse for the power doors out. It seems to me that my "reset" didn't work properly... but I can't find what to try!

Can anyone tell me what to do?
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Have you rechecked that fuse you pulled, it could have blown or not have fully seated once it was pulled.
You might also consider disconnecting the battery for several minutes to reset everything...
Old December 20th, 2013, 6:14 AM
CF Beginner

I did check that fuse and it seems fine, but I don't know anything about disconnecting the battery. My husband does, though... I'll ask him to try that today and we'll see if it does anything.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

We tried disconnecting the battery, and that did not fix it. Any more ideas?
Old December 23rd, 2013, 1:58 PM
Administrator

I'll take a look through the service manual this evening and see what I can find...

Possible items to check is all other fuses..
could be a bad switch
could be a bad door latch sensor
As you first surmised it could be a control module, bad or maybe needs to be reprogrammed...
Do you have any check engine lights on? sometimes if there is a fault code it can prevent some options like remote starting from working, I doubt it would cause this but its something to consider...
Old December 23rd, 2013, 9:12 PM
Administrator

Here is some information you may want to see if it applies..

Service Information 2007 Chevrolet Uplander | Montana SV6, Terraza, Uplander (VIN U/V/X)Service Manual | Document ID: 2046302
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIT3395B: Chime Sound When Vehicle Is Put Into Gear - keywords accessory ajar chime door drive gear PSD reverse - (Dec 19, 2007)

Subject: Chime Sound When Vehicle is Put Into Gear

Models: 2005-2007 Buick Terraza

2005-2008 Chevrolet Uplander

2005-2007 Pontiac Montana SV6

2005-2007 Saturn Relay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update model years and add reference to "General Power Sliding Side Door Diagnosis/Repair Procedures #07-08-64-007A". Please discard PIT3395A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may report a chime sound when the vehicle is put into gear.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If normal diagnostic leads to a door ajar chime, check to see if either of the power sliding doors has lost their learned Open/Closed position. With the Tech 2 updated with software version 25.009 or later, go into the PSD menu and verify the "Open/Closed position learned" status. If either of the doors shows "No", the door will have to be relearned. The PSD fuse will have to be removed and then restored. Open and close the power sliding doors twice with the overhead or "B" pillar switch to relearn the position.

Note: Check for door binding, obstruction, rear striker adjusted (so that the door is flush to the rear quarter panel or inwards 1 to 2 mm), or anything that might cause the door to reverse by itself while closing. See General Power Sliding Side Door Diagnosis/Repair Procedures #07-08-64-007A.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
Old December 24th, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Door Locks fixed!

This is going to seem so obvious... but the #1 fuse for the door locks was blown. I had actually thought of this way back, but I couldn't find a fuse for the door locks. The name for it in my manual is "Trunk, Door Locks" so when I was looking for fuses that start with "Door" or "Lock" I missed it.

Now the question is going to be if the doors start chiming again when we can drive it! (It's snowing right now, so I'll wait to test it.) All that information will be helpful if they do! So thanks in advance!
Old December 24th, 2013, 8:31 AM
Administrator

You are very welcome
Please do follow up with us if it works or not....
Old September 20th, 2014, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

kathleenmpeters I a having the same issue with my uplander and the door chime. it is really distracting when trying to drive. what fuse was it you pulled to reset them and also how long did you have to leave the fuse out and where is it located at in the car?