Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Front wipers dead and both blinkers blink fast inside only

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2013, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wipers dead and both blinkers blink fast inside only

2006 Uplander - Both the front wipers stopped working and both blinkers blink quickly inside only; none of the outside blinker bulbs blink at all. Both wipers and blinkers were working yesterday. Checked the wiper fuse (25A) and is fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I was thinking it could be the blinker/wiper arm on the column?
thx
Old November 29th, 2013, 2:44 PM
CF Active Member

I think you're on the right track...too strange that wipers and turn signals stop working at the same time. replacement stalk about $30..certainly worth a try. If it doesn't work after swapping the new one in just return it and look for another problem.
Old November 29th, 2013, 4:02 PM
CF Junior Member

check if the relays in the engine compartment are good.

its unlikely but possible that both went bad.

i would do that before I would look into replacing the stock.
Old November 29th, 2013, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

thank you both. I'll dig further on the weekend.
Old November 30th, 2013, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Again, thanks for your replies. After looking further at both of these problems, i found that the wiper linkage was loose so put a few drops of locktite on it and cranked it good and tight and that's fixed. The blinker was just a fuse. Everything know works Not sure why both quit working at same time. Maybe wipers weren't working for a few days but didn't notice since I wasn't using them.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 6:01 AM
CF Junior Member

glad its fixed.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have a blown fuse in the turn signal circuit you likely have a bad bulb that is intermittently shorting. Is the turn signals the only thing on that fuse?
I am a retired electronics technician and I seldom (never) saw a fuse blow for no reason.

Someone likely left the wipers in the "on" position when it was parked a while ago and the blades froze to the windshield glass. The next time you got in the van and started it up the wipers tried to move and couldn't ... and stripped the shaft.
Be sure to turn the wipers OFF when parking the vehicle so that doesn't happen and be sure the wipers are free on a frozen windshield so they can move when activated.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Many thanks for your feedback!
Old March 20th, 2016, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

which fuse did you replace? I cant find a fuse for the turn signals. the LH signal on my uplander works fine, the RH blinks fast. I check the bulb, it was good, but replaced it anyways and the problem persists. I figured it was a flasher, but cant locate that, and other threads state that the 08 uplander doesn't have a flasher relay, but it controlled by the BCM, whatever that is. I've looked for blown fuses both under hood and on pass side dash, none appear to be blown. Am I missing a fuse box somewhere?
Old September 4th, 2018, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Also having problems with my turn signals . It's an intermittent problem.... worked fine all day but tonight it's acting up again. So I can hear it blinking 2x faster than normal, lights only flash on rear, nothing happening up front. I took the bulbs out of the front signal lights and the connections were both kind of melted. I'm going to buy new bulbs and housings tomorrow and try that. It seems weird that it only malfunctions occasionally?

I just bought the vehicle and it sounded like the previous owner had problems with it too.

Also noticed that if I turn the headlights off the signal lights go back to normal.

Last edited by SkookumB; September 4th, 2018 at 8:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Front wipers dead and both blinkers blink fast inside only