Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Glove box hinge 2007 Uplander

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Glove box hinge 2007 Uplander

Yesterday I opened my glove box and the door fell to the floor. The hinge ( thin piece of plastic) had broken. Today I found out the hinge is not available. You have to buy the entire glove box assembly for over $200. I can't see buying on at a salvage yard as it may be just as reliable as mine was failed in 3 years. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Old September 21st, 2010, 3:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw your post on BITOG .... I have an '07 too and I'll have to check out the plastic hinge on mine. Perhars a piano hinge would work on our doors??...
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default What I did

Did not appear to be a place to attach a piano hinge as they are quite narrow, so I made do with two small strap hinges that fit with a little cutting of inner door plastic . Its not real pretty when you stand on your head and look up at it but sitting in seats you do not see the strap hinges. So will see how this works only possible to have one attaching screw in each hinge on door, but probably as strong os original. Thanks for comments
Old September 25th, 2010, 3:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent !! Could you post a pic or two of your fix??
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the ideas, the glove box door on my 2006 fell off yesterday.
Old May 14th, 2011, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

haha I just told someone else on this forum to do something simular. Good job! heck you could even paint the hinge before you put it on just to make it match the van
Old July 11th, 2011, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Hinge

Typical, today's vehicles are made extremely poorly and sure weren't made to last. I had the same issue and bought one from a scrap yard as the local GM dealership wanted 500 plus tax for the entire glove box assembly. The one I picked up in the scrap yard for 40 bucks is not going to last forever so I may follow the other members suggestions "when" it happens again. Don't waste your time getting one from a scrap yard as the plastic is very thin and will only help for a little while.
Old July 11th, 2011, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

If some of you have pics of your repairs, can you forward them to me please...thanks in advance.
Old July 12th, 2011, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default My fix

Used a length of Gorilla tape across hinge 3 weeks ago. this was the best tape I could find. So far so good. Tape is not visable, seems to be working, only open door when necessary and do not plan on setting anything heavy on door.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue with my glove box in 2008 Uplander

The hinge is completely broken and dealships want $500 for the part. I have called several salvage places to no avail. Did the gorilla tape work? Can you send me a picture? Thanks J

Quick Reply: Glove box hinge 2007 Uplander