Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Head rest removal

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2015, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Head rest removal

Hi

I have a Chevrolet uplander 2007 non extended version LT. I need to remove the head rest for the 2 nd row captain seat. There does not seem to be any buttons. I have called Chevrolet and they are supposed to call me back because they could not see any way either. There must be a way. I dont want to have to go to the garage everytime as its for a car seat. And thus i want to be able to do this on my own if possible because everytime we will change the car seat positions in the Van well ill have the same problem.

I also am wiating on a 3rd child. my 2nd child is in a high back booster that needs to be thethered. But my newborn will be forward facing. If using the 3rd row, is it possible to place the front facing booster in the outboard seat, baby new born in the middle and a parent in the other outboard... i know in the instructions it says that thether is only in the middle, but so what if thether is not straight down.

Thanks
Old September 25th, 2015, 6:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if they are any small pin holes in the sides of the plastic bezels the the headrest guides slide into....take a small pick and push in these holes while you pull the headrest up.
Old September 25th, 2015, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Unfortunately nope. this car does not have any pins, i even removed the rings to see under. the only thing left is to actuallyl remove the tray from behind the seats (the storage compartement) and see if i can access through there. but i think the storage compartement will break before i can take it off... grrrr.
Old September 26th, 2015, 9:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

can you post some pictures of the point where the headrest inserts into the seat?
Old September 28th, 2015, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

yes i will tomorrow thanks for helping out.
Old October 14th, 2015, 3:02 PM
CF Junior Member

If your second row seats are similar to those that are in the front, then you have to remove the storage compartment to remove the headrest. I don't remember exactly what you have to do, but it wasn't too hard.
Old June 7th, 2021, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Chevy Uplander Headrest removal

Originally Posted by Nikita4ever
Hi

I have a Chevrolet uplander 2007 non extended version LT. I need to remove the head rest for the 2 nd row captain seat. There does not seem to be any buttons. I have called Chevrolet and they are supposed to call me back because they could not see any way either. There must be a way. I dont want to have to go to the garage everytime as its for a car seat. And thus i want to be able to do this on my own if possible because everytime we will change the car seat positions in the Van well ill have the same problem.

I also am wiating on a 3rd child. my 2nd child is in a high back booster that needs to be thethered. But my newborn will be forward facing. If using the 3rd row, is it possible to place the front facing booster in the outboard seat, baby new born in the middle and a parent in the other outboard... i know in the instructions it says that thether is only in the middle, but so what if thether is not straight down.

Thanks
I have a 2008 Uplander and can not get the headrests off to put on seat covers There aren't any levers, no pin holes, not sure how to get them off.

Front headrest base pic.
Old October 9th, 2021, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

better late than never, just a thought, i have an 08 uplander. onmy third row the rest only fold back if you hold the releace in the open position. maybe if you releace the second row seat latch and hold it there they will come out...??