Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Help 2006 Uplander display problems and power lock problem

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2016, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 2006 Uplander display problems and power lock problem

My 2006 Chevy Uplander LT all of a sudden displays the ABS light, service ABS and Service Traction control and vehicle stability control. And then today the power locks started locking and unlocking all by itself without being touched. I plugged in my scan gauge to see if there was any codes. It said no codes so I couldn't clear codes to reset the different lights. I'm thinking maybe it's a speed sensor since that would be a common denominator for these different problems? Does anybody have any ideas. Thanks!
Old July 12th, 2016, 7:19 PM
CF Active Member

Wheel speed sensors are a common fault for these vehicles and those lights are what you would get, but if that is the problem you will need to know which of the 4 wheels has the problem. As a preliminary you could get under it and check the wires and connectors at all 4 wheels but if you don't find anything that way I think you'll need a better scanner. As for the door locks...does your speedometer work correctly? Do they lock/unlock when it is in park or only when in a gear?
Old July 12th, 2016, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by U.Nanimous
Wheel speed sensors are a common fault for these vehicles and those lights are what you would get, but if that is the problem you will need to know which of the 4 wheels has the problem. As a preliminary you could get under it and check the wires and connectors at all 4 wheels but if you don't find anything that way I think you'll need a better scanner. As for the door locks...does your speedometer work correctly? Do they lock/unlock when it is in park or only when in a gear?
Yes the speedometer works fine and today the locks were fine. Weird. Also today the first trip is used the van was about a 15 minute drive and none of the lights or messages came on but after shutting the van off for about an hour on the way back after starting it up the ABS and traction control light came on and the messages appeared. The locks lock when you put it in drive and unlock when you put it in park.
Old July 12th, 2016, 9:30 PM
CF Active Member

On my '05 Venture the problem was intermittent and always reset as soon as you shut it off, but I managed to have my Autel AL619 plugged in once when the lights came on and it said front right wheel speed sensor was bad. Sad part is they replaced that bearing when I got new tires and when this happened it is already past warranty. Some of these don't seem to last very long, if you search back a little ways (actually I believe in the Venture forum) there is someone who has replaced 6 bearings (2 wheels once, 2 wheels twice) and IIRC in less than 125K miles.
Old January 4th, 2023, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by junction940
My 2006 Chevy Uplander LT all of a sudden displays the ABS light, service ABS and Service Traction control and vehicle stability control. And then today the power locks started locking and unlocking all by itself without being touched. I plugged in my scan gauge to see if there was any codes. It said no codes so I couldn't clear codes to reset the different lights. I'm thinking maybe it's a speed sensor since that would be a common denominator for these different problems? Does anybody have any ideas. Thanks!
Did you ever find out for sure it was the speed sensors mine is doing the same thing and then my power steering went out and then 2 weeks later my power steering started working and then next morning it went back out weird.