Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Need help with issue after getting snow stuck

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2016, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with issue after getting snow stuck

Hi
I have an 2008 uplander which nothing was wrong with it at all till I got stuck in the snow in my front yard the right front tire was buried in snow and dirt

After I got it out I notice the speedometer, cruise control didn't work and at times it was not shifting right (not all the time)

I drove the canon the highway and at 2 points the speedometer tried to work for like a mile but ended up going back to 0

Now I took it to a auto shop (not transmission shop) and they said the transmission needs to be replaced but this van worked fine till I got stuck in the yard, I disconnected the battery to reset it, did a gauge test and they work

And pulled the. Trans sol,ECU and Ign relays to try a hard reset still same issue

Anyone can help me here this is my work van without it I can't. Work
Old January 27th, 2016, 4:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the ABS light on?
Old January 27th, 2016, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Is the ABS light on?
No it's not, no lights are on and the traction control still works
Old January 27th, 2016, 6:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

try another shop

I question the vehicle speed sensor as this input to the tcm is sent to the cluster for the speedo to work. without the vss signal, the trans won't shift properly. this should set a dtc and illuminate the cel.
Old January 27th, 2016, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
try another shop

I question the vehicle speed sensor as this input to the tcm is sent to the cluster for the speedo to work. without the vss signal, the trans won't shift properly. this should set a dtc and illuminate the cel.
The shop said they tried another one with no change snd that it looked like that some thing hit the bottom of the new sensor so they felt
That something is wrong in the trans to do this. I got no clue on what they are talking about
Old January 27th, 2016, 7:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

so it sounds like they confirmed the vss signal is out. I suspect the connector or wiring may be damaged. the wiring needs to be ohm checked. it would be pretty hard to damage the reluctor gear on the output shaft in the transmission case...the sensor and wiring connector on the other hand are pretty exposed. imo try the tranny shop for a second opinion before replacing a transmission.
Old January 27th, 2016, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
so it sounds like they confirmed the vss signal is out. I suspect the connector or wiring may be damaged. the wiring needs to be ohm checked. it would be pretty hard to damage the reluctor gear on the output shaft in the transmission case...the sensor and wiring connector on the other hand are pretty exposed. imo try the tranny shop for a second opinion before replacing a transmission.
How hard is it to replace the wiring to it is it plug in or wired in. Guess I am asking is it something I can do myself