Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

No power at OBD, check engine light out

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2012, 4:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power at OBD, check engine light out

I took my 05 Uplander in for an emissions test and there was no power at the OBD hook-up and thus I was unable to complete emissions testing. I've read in other forums that the OBD can share a fuse with the CIG LTR/Power port, but if that's the case on the 05 uplander then it couldn't be the fuse because the power port works just fine. Any idea what might be the cause of there being no power at the OBD hook-up point? Also, the check engine and traction control symbols on the dash board don't light up . I removed the dash board to get to the bulbs but it appears the error symbols around the speedometer aren't lit up by the bulbs behind them (the ones with the blue base marked 12V/2W). I removed and replaced the bulbs that looked to be in the spot that would light up the check engine symbol, but those bulbs only affected the backlighting. Any help with these issues is greatly appreaciated, thanks!
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Before doing anything else, the first step should be to check all the fuses. I am not sure about the Uplander but it might be one of the other fuses.
Old August 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check all fuses

You know, with as many electrical quirks as these Uplanders have I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up being a fuse that seemed unrelated to the problem. I'll go ahead and check them all before trying to get any more technical with this issue.