Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

o8 uplander navigation

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o8 uplander navigation

I had a post for the navi for a 08 uplander which was inadvertantly pulled because of my e-mail address (don't ever fight the boss). Here are the pictures of the installation which took the best part of 11 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails o8 uplander navigation-cimg3240.jpg   o8 uplander navigation-cimg3239.jpg  
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

did you install this?
Old July 21st, 2010, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Uplander Nav

Can the factory Nav unit from an 09/08 be transplanted into an 05?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Post nav

Originally Posted by wichie13
did you install this?
Yes I did... You have to use a delphi lux (if you have bose or want to add an amp) or non-lux (if you have the stock radio). The easiest way is to buy a radio that has the lock removed. I had a 05 canyon that I had previously put nav in and moved it to the uplander. Here is the trick... When you go and clear the lock on the uplander, you must clear it as a basic radio and not a deluxe radio... I sat at a chevrolet dealership for 2 hours and i finally convinced them that the uplander does not recognize the deluxe style radio... The only difference it makes is when you turn the radio on, you get a white screen instead of the chevrolet emblem for the first 5 sec... put the antenna somewhere open under the dash and you are all set... the gps antenna works fine velcroed to the top of the radio or slide it under the dashboard in an open spot... I have done several uplander and colorado/canyon pickups... it also works in trailblazers and envoys... And, don't be scared, it is just a radio and an antenna...

If you have the rear dvd, it still works... If you don't, add a sirius gm-1 kit and you will have sattelite radio... trick on it... Velcro the antenna to the center of your dashboard (run cable to the front and down) and you won't have the ugly antenna on your roof...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Post nav

Originally Posted by cdnskipatroller
Can the factory Nav unit from an 09/08 be transplanted into an 05?
I do not see a problem but you will have to buy a nav unit that has already been unlocked. I am not a gm technician, but, my 05 had problems with unlocking the radio.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Uplander Nav

I've found www.replacementradios.com they seem to have everything one would need to do this mod except for the nav dvd. What's their pricing like in comparison to say ebay?
Old July 24th, 2010, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Wink

Originally Posted by cdnskipatroller
I've found www.replacementradios.com they seem to have everything one would need to do this mod except for the nav dvd. What's their pricing like in comparison to say ebay?
I have bought several on ebay in the 400.00 area and the antenna for around 60.00... Just make sure you know if your radio is lux or non lux... I will bet most are non lux...
Old August 29th, 2015, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

I am new to this forum. I have been looking for a while for a navigation system for our 2006 uplander that will be a replacement and still keep the DVD system. What vehicle did this come from? I have a Grand Prix Navigation System from my old car, it plugged in great and seemed to work but not a proper fit.

Thanks,
Old August 30th, 2015, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

04-09 canyon or Colorado fit right in. you have to modify where the mounting bolts screw in but that is no biggie. mine was non lux and remember to clear it as a basic radio. premium will not clear the lock.
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Need help for Uplander Navigation Upgrade

Installing a 2007 Saturn Relay Navigation radio, RPO U3U GM P/N 10373724 in my 2008 Chevrolet Uplander which originally had the US8 Base radio.

I have already installed the Navigation antenna in the proper location under windshield dash pad and added a green wire to the units C2 connector for the VSS signal.

I mistakingly thought I could splice the other end of the VSS green wire to the Instrument cluster connector, but do not see a green wire on that connector. I assumed I could do that because of past experience with Silverado trucks and that being the case..

Quick Reply: o8 uplander navigation