Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Opening front speaker brackets.

Old April 16th, 2016, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opening front speaker brackets.

Guess I am not as smart as I thought I was, as I cannot understand how you open the thingy that holds the speakers on my 2008 Uplander. Anyone know in simple language how it's done? I would certainly appreciate it.
Old April 16th, 2016, 7:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to remove the door panel to get to the speakers.

Last edited by Papa Bear; April 16th, 2016 at 7:19 PM.
Old April 16th, 2016, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

It is the front, speakers and I already have the panels off. It is the latch that I can't open to get to the speaker. "Thanks for the response.
Old April 24th, 2016, 6:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The speaker is built into the mounting ring that secures the speaker to the door panel if i recall correctly. It is all black plastic.

There is a black plastic clip on one side of the speaker/ring that you press to the side to release the speaker and mounting ring. Cant remember if it pops loose on it's own when you press the clip or if you need to pull the speaker/ring out while pressing the clip.

I've upgraded all of the audio system in my '08 Cargo Uplander and it's my favorite thing about the van aside from the engine/transmission tune
Old April 24th, 2016, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Opening front speaker brackets

Originally Posted by niceguy88
The speaker is built into the mounting ring that secures the speaker to the door panel if i recall correctly. It is all black plastic.

There is a black plastic clip on one side of the speaker/ring that you press to the side to release the speaker and mounting ring. Cant remember if it pops loose on it's own when you press the clip or if you need to pull the speaker/ring out while pressing the clip.

I've upgraded all of the audio system in my '08 Cargo Uplander and it's my favorite thing about the van aside from the engine/transmission tune
Thanks niceguy88, I finally got the speaker out, broke the part you mentioned but didn't need it anyway.

Search this Thread