Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

P2764

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2014, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P2764

Well I bought another uplander a 2008 174000 km and now I see why it is as so cheap, he never said there was no 1 or 2 gears. The engine just revs, so I put on the OBD and got code P2764. The remote does not work, but you can hear the fob pulsing over a am radio and the other thing is the cruise does not come on, the light doesn't. Come on
Any ideas???
Old December 15th, 2014, 9:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take it back and get your money back ....
Old December 16th, 2014, 11:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Default I think I have been taken

I thought I would check to see if it might be a fuse problem and the transmission solenoid fuse #11 is missing So I put one in and check it and there is 14.2 on each side, I get in put it in 1 nothing d nothing no drive in any gears selection. It looks like someone pulled the fuse which leaves only 3rd gear. REMOVED #11 and took it to the highway and that seems to be correct because if you floor it at speed it does not shift down, and at 100 kpm it's turning a little over 2000 rpm.
So I call the guy back and tell him I want to return the van, he comes back with " I drive van no problem you break it not me" After a half hour his says I give you back 1000 dollars, I know nothing wrong with van, I am just working man not mechanic. I asked about the fuse he knows nothing.
Old December 16th, 2014, 4:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Default more

Well I went to a transmission place and they looked and said the CEL should be on they looked and guess what the CEL was disabled and a closer look showed the marks where the instrument cluster had been removed.They looked further and saw the van had been just inspected at a government inspection agency in the last week.
The name on the previous registration was unreadable, and thanks to privacy laws I can't get his name and I can't file a court action without his name. I thought that I was just too stupid, but this guy knows the laws and just how to bend them. BTW the police do not think it is fraud, so they won't even listen. But the local TV station is really interested. Post what happens. Anyone have an idea about the tranny.
Old December 16th, 2014, 8:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tripped over this...perhaps it will help:

Bulletin No.: 06-07-30-034

Date: December 20, 2006

TECHNICAL
Subject:
Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine Light On, Harsh Shift, DTCs P0742 and P2761 Set or Just P2764 Set (Replace Automatic Transmission Wiring Harness)

Models:
2006-2007 Buick Allure (Canada), LaCrosse, Lucerne, Rendezvous, Terraza
2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Malibu SS, Malibu Maxx SS, Monte Carlo, Uplander
2006-2007 Pontiac Grand Prix, G6 GTP, Montana SV6
2006-2007 Saturn Relay

with 4T65-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs MN7, M15 or M76)

Condition

Some customers may comment on the Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine light being illuminated. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTCs P0742 and P2764 together or just P2761 set as current or in history. Also, the customer may comment on a harsh shift.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/alldata/AF...1223/126161224
The tan wire (1) of the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid Valve harness may be incorrectly routed around a metal retaining clip causing a chafe in the wire insulation, resulting in a short to ground. The harsh shift concern is due to the default code causing high line pressure to be commanded.

Correction

If diagnosis indicates a grounded circuit, replace the transmission wiring harness following the published replacement procedure in SI. Be sure to route the tan wire out of the metal clip.

When servicing 2007 vehicles, the metal clip for the temperature sensor connector on the new harness must be removed and discarded prior to installation. Reuse the plastic clip from the old harness.