Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Uplander
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Power Locks acting up

2005 Uplander LS withabout 70k. The power door locks continue to unlock while driving at random. Even parked. It seems to be related to vibration but I can't be sure. The lockswill lock automatically on acceleration from a stop or with the dor switches, but then typically the drivers door will unlock followed by the rest as though the remote is being used. The battery was removed the the keyless remote and there isn't even one near it. I unplugged both front door lock switches but the problem persists. Ideas? I also noticed today the radio sounds would not come on although the display showed it was on and working.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Power Locks acting up

May be a problem with the Body Control Module ( BCM ).
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 AM

I'll talk to a dealer today. I did notice the locks seemed to cycle when the drivers door was swung open about half way. I tried to maneuver the cable around coming out of the door to the body in the event something is shorting. It seemed to resolve it, but I haven't driven it since. Thanks for the tip on the BCM.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Got the problem figured out. There were some worn wires under the carpet by the drivers heel area grounding or shorting. I have to wonder how many other problems are caused by these shorts taking out some of the electronics.To recap,I had issues with the radio turned on but no sound, but mostly the locks cycling as if the button on the remote was being pushed. I noticed the problem seemed to apepar with vibration or opening and closing the drivers door. Everything is fine now.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Tags
2005, bcm, chevy, cycle, door, lock, locks, power, problem, randomly, switches, trouble, unlocks, unplugged, uplander, working