Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Uplander
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 PM
CF Beginner

Kenneth Galo lonemopper Ken Galo
Default Rear door won't unlock on 2006

Greetings all,
I have a 2006 cargo uplander, I can't get the rear door to unlock. When I use either the key control or the button on the drivers door--all the other doors unlock but the rear cargo door will not. I realize it maybe a wiring/connector issue but my main question now is: how do I get it open to get to the connectors to clean them?
This is a work van and I need to be able to get things in and out of the back. Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 AM
CF Beginner

Good question to problem solve. I am assuming by rear door your meaning the rear hatch. I would check to see if there was a fuse that feeds that electric door lock, but most likely it on the same fuse as the others. If you had a wire harness diagram you could see where the feed runs and maybe manually bypass it and try jumping it with a seperate 12 volt power source. ( I sometimes use the battery charge on low amp setting to see if I am getting power to motor). Another opition is call a dealer and ask if there some sort manual way to pop the door open. Most likely I am thinking your going to some how have to remove the trim cover off the door to be able to get to the lock motor. Not going to be easy with having the door closed. One opition here if don't care about the looks is if you know where the lock is located is take large enough hole and drill thru the trim. Remember there metal behind some areas, so you have to drill where there is a open space behind the trim panel being of any wires behind it. If you get a hole drilled near the lock you reach in and manually unlock it Like I said check with a dealer first or a tow service that goes around and unlocks cars for people that left thier keys in them to see if there's a way to pop the door open manually. Let us know how it works out
Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Lonemopper did you ever get the rear door open? How did you do it? Just curious on how you problem solved it
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM
CF Beginner

Kenneth Galo lonemopper Ken Galo

I checked both fuse boxes, under the hood and under the dash, no blown fuses.

I tested the wiring from the lock backwards to the fuse box, no problems or breaks

Finally I drilled a hole in the back panel above the lock but couldn't see or access the actual lock because of the configuration of the hatch/lock/angle of the back door.

So, in a fit of frustration, I took my dremel and cut out a 5" x 5" square of the back panel, ripped out the entire plastic auto locking harness, used a screwdriver to unlock the lock.

I can now load and unload through the back hatch, I just can't lock it anymore.

This vehicle has been such a disappointment and money pit I no-longer care.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM

Tags
back, cargo, chevy, door, doors, fix, fuse, hatch, lock, minivan, programing, rear, remote, unlock, uplander, wont