I checked both fuse boxes, under the hood and under the dash, no blown fuses.
I tested the wiring from the lock backwards to the fuse box, no problems or breaks
Finally I drilled a hole in the back panel above the lock but couldn't see or access the actual lock because of the configuration of the hatch/lock/angle of the back door.
So, in a fit of frustration, I took my dremel and cut out a 5" x 5" square of the back panel, ripped out the entire plastic auto locking harness, used a screwdriver to unlock the lock.
I can now load and unload through the back hatch, I just can't lock it anymore.
This vehicle has been such a disappointment and money pit I no-longer care.