Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Rear wiper motor

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2013, 7:26 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did mine yesterday as well.

Inner plastic panel came off easily by pulling after removing rubber stops at the side of the lift-gate where they go through the holes in the panel ... and removing the pull-strap (2x #30 torx screws)

A good video for R&R of wiper motor

I believe my wiper motor assy had 10 torx screws holding it together and it came apart easily. Just pull the cover off and set it aside.

I put the 13 mm nut back on the end of the shaft to tap on and set the unit on a couple of small blocks of wood to allow the shaft to tap out.

I found my "O" ring chewed up in the shaft housing and just removed it. When I reassembled the unit I cut a short piece of 3/8 ID rubber hose to fit on the exposed shaft between the wiper arm and the housing ... that now is my seal to keep water out because the "O" ring is removed. Should work fine.
Old October 8th, 2013, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patcad
Hello all,

I FIXED my wiper motor.

After testing all the electrical leads , checking the fuses, it turned out to be the shaft that was packed with gunk. I took the wiper motor out, hammered the Wiper shaft out, cleaned, re-lubed and good to go!!

How to:
1) Remove the Back door plastic cover
2) Remove the actual wiper from the motor
3) Remove wiper motor
4) open wiper motor (5 or 6 torx screws-you'll need torx bits)
5) Remove wiper drive part from motor
6) With a sledge and a punch (2 Gauge nail or bigger) hammer the center of the wiper shaft out.
7) clean and re-lube
8) put shaft center back in the wiper drive
9) do steps 1-5 in reverse order and Voila!

Cheaper than a new wiper motor.

Cheers.
:-)
did the same thing yesterday and my wipe came back to work!
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
CF Junior Member

hi, I have the same problem.

i cannot seem to punch the shaft out.

i ended up drilling 2 small holes in the casing in hope that it releases some of the gunk, as my shaft still will not turn.

and now am trying to get the shaft to turn, im letting it sit with penetrating oil and wd40.

the new one is $211. which is quite high.

can someone explain to me the procedure to punch it out of the shaft.

thanx
Old November 21st, 2013, 3:17 PM
CF Junior Member

forget it, I ended up breaking it.
Old February 21st, 2014, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by patcad
Hello all,

I FIXED my wiper motor.

After testing all the electrical leads , checking the fuses, it turned out to be the shaft that was packed with gunk. I took the wiper motor out, hammered the Wiper shaft out, cleaned, re-lubed and good to go!!

How to:
1) Remove the Back door plastic cover
2) Remove the actual wiper from the motor
3) Remove wiper motor
4) open wiper motor (5 or 6 torx screws-you'll need torx bits)
5) Remove wiper drive part from motor
6) With a sledge and a punch (2 Gauge nail or bigger) hammer the center of the wiper shaft out.
7) clean and re-lube
8) put shaft center back in the wiper drive
9) do steps 1-5 in reverse order and Voila!

Cheaper than a new wiper motor.

Cheers.
:-)
Thanx for saving me $100+
This really worked!!!
Old June 18th, 2019, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

I did the same thing, but my shaft was so rusty that it was hard to take it off. So, instead of just lubricating it, I plunged it into a solution to remove the corrosion for 24hrs and then I lubricated and went back. It works like a charm !
Old September 15th, 2019, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default rear wiper motor

2005 uplander checked fuse #3 on inside of passenger door and is ok .checked for power on the yellow wire on the connector at the wiper motor and i am only getting 8.5 volts.The switch on turn signal works and also when pushed in all the way the washer pump works.
Old September 16th, 2019, 10:58 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward Medzan
2005 uplander checked fuse #3 on inside of passenger door and is ok .checked for power on the yellow wire on the connector at the wiper motor and i am only getting 8.5 volts.The switch on turn signal works and also when pushed in all the way the washer pump works.
Is the yellow wire still hooked to the motor? If it is it means the motor is drawing current but the mechanism is seized.
Old September 16th, 2019, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

The whole connector with all 4 wires are attached to the wiper motor..Should i not be getting 12 volts on that yellow wire instead of 8.5 as i am getting right now .I am getting 12 volts on the green wire that powers the washer pump . I tried with another wiper motor and there was no response from it either no vibration no indication at all.I may have to remove shaft from assy as so the motor is free and clear of any obstructions possibly and see if the motor works.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

So i have a good wiper motor it works using power direct from battery.I connected using a another harness that i got from auto wrecker and put the yellow wire to positive and black to negative and works just fine.I checked the harness at the back today and i am only now getting 1.5 volts out of the yellow wire at the back tailgate using my meter and the other day i was getting 8.5 volts.i am now wondering if it is a rap relay or the body control module that is my next thing this going by the rear wiper /washer circuit wiring diagram that i have.But then again the rap relay works because when i shut the van off completely i still can use the radio and the rear washer pump works for up to 10 minutes unless you open a door.I also checked the wiring harness at the top of the lift gate and looks ok nothing cracked or broken.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper motor