Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Rear Wiper Motor

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2011, 5:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Wiper Motor

Anyone have a procedure for removal and install on the rear wiper motor?

Thanks in advance.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

try this link 1aauto's Channel - YouTube

it's on a 99 venture but pretty much the same for the uplander!
Old November 26th, 2011, 9:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for this link for the instructional video for replacing our Uplander rear wiper motors. I did notice two items in this training video that caught my interest: 1) The fellow who made the video is really nice and knowledgeable, but to move a ratchet or the T30 torx that fast he must have drank a six pack of Red Bull just before the taping....my hands won't move that fast (ha, just joking of course)..and 2) He did not follow standard installation procedure and troubleshooting, because he re-installed the rear door's interior panel before he ever tested the new motor....ooops!!!....I assume they must have removed that step due to time....because he'd have to undo that panel again if that motor had any problem, and on Uplanders I know from experience that it's a good idea to also drive the vehicle around a week or so before re-installing the interior panel so that if any cables etc are clunking around then you can see them and lash them down, which is a common problem with most Uplanders....the clunking rear door Syndrome (refer to other threads on this forum). And before doing anything (removing or installing) with that large plastic panel, be sure it is warm enough (if cold winter, then have it indoors at least overnight prior) or the panel will crack out all over the place and be destroyed, and it is very expensive to replace it, which I learned from experience on a Ford Windstar '95. Be sure to follow video-man's specific instruction on tightening the exterior hex-nut that has the large O-ring (I hope it's Viton; if it isn't, then you should spend the $6 at Napa and get one, because the GM OEM neoprene-rubber BunaN o-rings are cheap crap, around 6 cents each, and they do not stand up to northern winters; you cannot tell Viton from BunaN by eye so just buy a good Viton o-ring of the same size....specifically that's exactly why NASA allowed our first Space Shuttle disaster....they forgot to use Viton o-rings around the Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Nitrogen) cause if we tighten that nut too tight, it can and will (given several months) crack the rear window, requiring its replacement, all it really has to do is to keep rain water from entering into the door cavity. So, don't pull a "NASA" and destroy your Uplander.

Last edited by fscoles; November 26th, 2011 at 9:52 PM.