Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Remote Unlock/Start Issues

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy, I'm not sure what you mean by "clear flux solder"; I think that any good electronic solder should work, as long as it isn't one of the new "RoHaas" lead-free solders. I've used on our fob's anything from Radio Shack 60/40 Rosin-Core Solder, Kester 60/40 or (eutectic) 63/37 "44" rosin-core, or Ersin "multicore" solder. I think what knocks the battery clip loose from the little circuit board is dropping the fob onto a hard floor or driveway.....which in my case happens more often than it should. I'm not a solder expert of course, but I know from experience that each of us has our favorite brands and types of electronic solder. Whichever solder you use, it should be clean/shiny, without any oxides on it so that its rosin has a chance of working.
Old April 1st, 2011, 6:02 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was just one of the solders at RShack....I popped the fob apart and yeah, the battery holder was broken loose from it's solder points but for now, I just pushed it back in place since it fit in there really tight and the fob case keeps pressure against it.

I simply cleaned the circuit traces and fob buttons and it's back to working again though next time I'll probably use the nice glue/foil method mentioned here and resolder the contacts. Working on projector headlights for my Altima so I'll get back to the fob in the future...

thanks guys!

Jeremy