Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Stabilitrak malfunction

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2014, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Avalanche

I have just started down this same path, as I have now had the "Service Stabilitrak", check engine light, coming on and off intermittently. I have brought it to the dealership now for the second time. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has had this "solved"
Old June 10th, 2014, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Master cylinder and Break buster Replacement

[QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Service;186567]jlowe228,

I purchased a Chevrolet Equinox in 2011. It has almost 3 years and 50,000. Three panel lights started to turn on related to breaks malfunction. I took the car to Autonation Chevrolet and they said I will need to replace both the Master cylinder and the
Break buster. The bill will come at over $ 1,200. Two months ago I had to replace the car's battery. Four months ago 4 new tires. Equinox has not been a good choice for me. I previously had a Hummer H3 for which all I needed during 5 years of use was oil Change/tires rotation and new tires.
Old June 10th, 2014, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Master cylinder and Break buster replacement at 50,000 miles

I have a Chevrolet Equinox 2011 with almost 50,000 miles. Break lights started turning on in my panel. At Autonation Chevrolet they said I will need to replace both the Master cylinder and
Break buster. My bill will be over & 1,200. Could that be a manufactors malfunction? Shouldn't they last well over 50,000 miles? How may I contact you by phone? What number? Mine is 561-350-3503 email delraybroker@gmail.com
Old June 10th, 2014, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased a Chevrolet Equinox in 2011. It has almost 3 years and 50,000. Three panel lights started to turn on related to breaks malfunction. I took the car to Autonation Chevrolet and they said I will need to replace both the Master cylinder and the
Break buster. The bill will come at over $ 1,200. Two months ago I had to replace the car's battery. Four months ago 4 new tires. Equinox has not been a good choice for me. I previously had a Hummer H3 for which all I needed during 5 years of use was oil Change/tires rotation and new tires.

Master cylinder and Break buster replacement at 50,000 miles? Could it be manufactors defect?

Break lights started turning on in my panel. At Autonation Chevrolet they said I will need to replace both the Master cylinder and Break buster.

Shouldn't they last well over 50,000 miles? How may I contact you by phone? What number? Mine is 561-350-3503 email delraybroker@gmail.com
Old June 11th, 2014, 8:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Divegirlusa

Master cylinder and Break buster replacement at 50,000 miles? Could it be manufactors defect?

Break lights started turning on in my panel. At Autonation Chevrolet they said I will need to replace both the Master cylinder and Break buster.

Shouldn't they last well over 50,000 miles? How may I contact you by phone? What number? Mine is 561-350-3503 email delraybroker@gmail.com
Hi Divegirlusa,

We understand your frustration with this situation and we would like the opportunity to reach out to your dealership for further details. I recognize that repeat repairs can be both inconvenient and costly, however please private message us your VIN and full contact information if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 30th, 2014, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mrculp
I have just started down this same path, as I have now had the "Service Stabilitrak", check engine light, coming on and off intermittently. I have brought it to the dealership now for the second time. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has had this "solved"
I have had the service indicator light and another light come on as well. My vehicle was just reprogrammed today. I drove off from the car repair shop, lights were not on. A couple of minutes later the lights came on again. I then got to my destination and turned off the car. When I got back into my car the lights did not come on again. This is very frustrating because it is a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer and I bought it from a car place and no warranty. My previous vehicle was paid off and I am praying for no real issues. I do not have money for xar repairs this soon and a car payment.

Help!!!

Is it bad to drive the car. The lights come on for a while abd sometimes go off and other times stay on.