Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander AWD/ABS Disabled

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2016, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander AWD/ABS Disabled

At my wits end with this vehicle. AWD and ABS is disabled. The vehicle is by far the worst thing I have ever driven in the snow, this includes pedal bikes.
I have checked the wheel speed sensors, they are connected and clean. I have replaced a wheel bearing, hoping to find something that will point me in the direction, but no change.
I have codes c0035, c0040, c0050, c0281.
I would assume that these codes have a commonality, but I can't pinpoint it. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

To Date, I replaced:

Left outer tie rod
Passenger Front wheel bearing (and I hooked it up to each of the 3 wheels that weren't reading, with no change in codes)
TSB 01-08-45-005E (The harness looked good, shockingly good considering the winters it's been through)

The only thing I can figure it being now is the ABS control module. If anybody has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old April 26th, 2016, 7:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

year and engine..knowing would be nice.

the c0281 is set only because of the other fault codes so you can ignore that dtc.
disconnect the connectors at the hub; ohm check the resistance of each sensor in the hub..post.your results
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turdburglar2006
...c0035 = left front, c0040 = right front, c0050 = right rear

To Date, I replaced:

Passenger Front wheel bearing (and I hooked it up to each of the 3 wheels that weren't reading, with no change in codes)
Looks like 3 failed sensors but you only replaced 1?
Simply hooking it up to the other wheels will not change the codes because the vehicle has to be moving to create the pulses the module is looking for, and when the vehicle is stationary it isn't looking for pulses to know whether the sensor is good or not.
tech2 gives good advice for a simple sensor test but I'd add hooking up a scanner that will show the sensor data as you drive to see what the module is seeing (should be 2 wheels dead since you replaced 1 of the 3 already).