Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Old January 22nd, 2007, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Oh, guess I should update this. Finally the dealership ran a whole new run of wires to the sliding doors because they couldnt figure out which wire was causing the problem. Since then I have had no problems with that door. I just wish they had done that in the first place. However, the dealership I worked with was exceptionally nice and worked well with me. They even gave me a loaner car for the week while they tried to figure it out each time.
Old February 27th, 2007, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

just bought new 2007 uplander. now having problem with passenger side power sliding door. door will open and close fully. but when not closing maunually, motor will continue to run and slightly pop the door open slightly. door remains locked, but sticks out slightly. any comments on that????
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

I am having problems with my sliding doors, interior lights flickering, and the front end suspension. The dealerships cannot duplicate my problems when I get there and the problems remain. I have opened up an investigation with GM but they said until the problem can be duplicated they cannot help me. This morning I was left out in the cold with a baby because I cold not get the doors to open. I think this is the worst purchase I have ever made.
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

I had my rotors turned within the first 6000 miles also. I have had the vehicle in several times because it sounds as if the calipers are not releaseing or the brakes grab and make a popping noise. One year later after the rotors were turned i had to replace pads and rotors. The pads were worn down to bare metal. They began to grind without any warning. I had to pay out of pocket for this repar because they said the brakes were a wear item. I think this vehicle has issues with the brakes.
Old June 1st, 2007, 3:23 PM
rch
CF Beginner

Does anyone know how to disable the power sliding door to make it a manual operation?
Old June 27th, 2007, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Uplander- serious brake problems

I am courious to know more about the braking problems people are having with the uplander. On a recent trip my brakes practically failed me. While traveling down a winding hill my brakes made a terrible grinding sound and didn't feel like they were grabbing at all. Then the van over heated. As we continued to travel the problem got worse and I was alerted by a passing motorist there was smoke coming from under the van. The brakes were very hot. I had a mechanic look at the van when I finally arrived and he couldn't see anything wrong, but on the way home the same thing happened. The brakes just feel like they are failing or not grabbing accurately. I have taken the car everywhere from Midas to a dealership to a private mechanic and all I am hearing is that the brakes can get hot and I should be more careful while driving. I am honestly scared to drive the thing with my kids in it. Because I am not auto inclined does anyone have any suggestions that may help???
I am convinced my uplander is a lemon!!! Thanks
Old July 5th, 2007, 3:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rch

Does anyone know how to disable the power sliding door to make it a manual operation?
should bea switch on roof console to disable it.....then just pull REALLY hard....LOL....only way I know
Old July 5th, 2007, 3:39 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nicgibbs

I am courious to know more about the braking problems people are having with the uplander. On a recent trip my brakes practically failed me. While traveling down a winding hill my brakes made a terrible grinding sound and didn't feel like they were grabbing at all. Then the van over heated. As we continued to travel the problem got worse and I was alerted by a passing motorist there was smoke coming from under the van. The brakes were very hot. I had a mechanic look at the van when I finally arrived and he couldn't see anything wrong, but on the way home the same thing happened. The brakes just feel like they are failing or not grabbing accurately. I have taken the car everywhere from Midas to a dealership to a private mechanic and all I am hearing is that the brakes can get hot and I should be more careful while driving. I am honestly scared to drive the thing with my kids in it. Because I am not auto inclined does anyone have any suggestions that may help???
I am convinced my uplander is a lemon!!! Thanks
shift your vehicle down to 3rd or 2nd gear going down steep winding hills, your are overheating your brakes and the ABS is kicking in as the hotter they get the less they will grab, the VAN thinks it is losing traction, and engageing hte ABS, prolly warping the rotors in the process....the mechanics are most likely correct.

EDIT----if you saw smoke I would take it in and have the rotors checked they are most likely warped, does your vehicle shake when the brakes are applied now, and the pads are prolly severly worn as well.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

I had a 2005 Uplander with 50K+ miles. Every time it rained or was washed, the passenger power sliding door would not close using the remote or the push-button on the inside. Since the warranty had expired, I just ended up taking the fuse out and closing the door manually.
The brakes also became an issue. With only 50K miles, they started feeling mushy. I changed the brake pads in my garage for $20 and it only took an hour. That seemed to fix the prob.I have read online that the Uplanders are starting to have all kinds of electrical issues. I got rid of ours and bought my wife an '07 Tahoe instead.
Old July 31st, 2007, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

I'm doing research for a TV story on problems with Uplander sliding doors. I'm looking for anyone in the Pittsburgh area or surrounding counties that may have had a problem with the door opening by itself.

If you have had a problem like this please contact me.

mvandevelde@wpxitv.com

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors